Gurja Himal Trek
Gurja Himal Trek Overview
Located at the west of the Dhaulagiri range, Gurja Himal trek is a newly explored virgin trek passing through dhorpatan hunting reserve which provides scenic beauty of the mountains like mt annapurna, mt dhaulagiri, churen himal etc. One can learn about the culture and tribe of the Magar people located in this area. If one wants to visit Rugachaur pass(3850m) a local trekking guide is necessary.
The whole trekking trials of gurja valley lead to untouched and undiscovered flora and fauna, wild environment, and dense forests. The major features of this trek are the Dhorpatan hunting reserve, Dense Rhododendron forests(Nepal’s national flower), the Unique culture and way of living of the magar people, etc.
- Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel
- Day 2: Kathmandu- Beni by local bus
- Day 3: Beni-Darbang . trek to Dharapani which is 2.5 hours trek and situated at altitude of 1565 m
- Day 4: 8 hours Trek to Gurja khani through Gurja pass (3255m)
- Day 5: Side trip to base of gurja himal which is about 5-6 hours walk
- Day 6: Trek to Gurja Ghat / Dhorpatan which takes about 8-9 hours passing through Rugachaur pass
- Day 7: A optional trip to Tibetian Bonpo Monastery or you can rest for the day
- Day 8: About 5-6 hours Trek to Lumsung through Jaljalla pass situated at (3400m)
- Day 9: About 6 hours trek to darbang
- Day 10: Back to pokhara.
- Day 11: Pokhara-Kathmandu .