Teahouse/Lodge, Tented Camp
Pumori Expedition Overview
Pumori stands tall at 7,161m (7.161km) and lies between Nepal and the China region. Located at the eastern side of Mt.Everest, this mountain lies within the Mahalangur Himal. Pumori, also called Pumo Ri, came from the Sherpa language. When translated into the Sherpa language, ‘Pumo’ signifies daughter, and ‘Ri’ signifies mountain. Hence, Pumori means the ‘daughter of the mountain’. Many climbers also call Pumori the daughter of Mt. Everest. The experience along the trails of the Pumori Expedition is thrilling and spell-binding.
Pumori is well known for its unique pyramid shape and is famous among climbers. This mountain welcomes its climbers with magnificent views of the breathtaking landscapes and rich green forest with colourful flowers in full bloom. The climbers get to witness the mesmerizing view of Mt. Everest and Mt.Lhotse once they reach the summit. Pumori Expedition provides a heartwarming experience to its climbers and a great escape from their day-to-day hustle.
Marvel Trek is an established licensed expedition company. It has been providing the best facilities and services to its climbers since 1998 along with some great experiences. We not only keep your safety as the priority. But also guide you to fulfill your wish of experiencing the thrill of climbing a mountain. The entire team of Marvel Trek is full of professionals who will be there to support and guide you throughout your mountaineering adventures.
- Day 1: Arriving at a hotel in Kathmandu
- Day 2: Briefing and preparation for the expedition
- Day 3: Flying to Lukla and trekking to Phakding
- Day 4: Trekking to Namche Bazaar
- Day 5: Rest day at Namche Bazaar to adjust in the high altitude and low temperature
- Day 6: Trekking to Thyangboche Monastery
- Day 7: Trekking to Dingboche
- Day 8: Trekking to Lobuche
- Day 9: Rest day at Lobuche to adjust in the high altitude and low temperature
- Day 10: Trekking to Pumori base camp
- Day 11-28: Climbing Pumori and returning back to the basecamp
- Day 29: Trekking to Pangboche
- Day 30: Trekking to Namche Bazaar
- Day 31: Trekking to Lukla
- Day 32: Flying back to Kathmandu
- Day 33: Exploring Kathmandu
- Day 34: Returning home
Difficulty to climb.
The climb to Pumori is one of the tough ones even though its height is below 8000. The climbers have to be perfectly fit as well as previous experiences in mountaineering. This climb isn’t for inexperienced climbers. There are many sections throughout the mountain where skilled technical climbing is required. Besides this, even the weather in this mountain is unpredictable. One has to be both mentally and physically prepared to attempt to reach its summit. They also have to be prepared for the avalanches that might occur during their trip to this mountain.
Pumori with the best Expedition company
The climb to Pumori is once in a lifetime experience, but it is equally difficult. However, with proper guidance and preparation, one can reach the summit and fulfil their wish of experiencing the adventure.
It is where Marvel Trek comes into the picture. The entire team of Marvel Trek works deliberately to provide the best services and facilities to you and makes sure that you will have a once in a lifetime experience.
Taking care of the basic needs, safety measures and legal formalities to provide satisfactory and convenient services in the best interest of the clients are the main goals of Marvel Trek.
If you want to live your dream of adding adventure to your life with safety and if you wish to take a break from your day-to-day hustle in the most exciting way with trustworthy help, Marvel Trek is there in your service.
Contact us and book a trip with us and let’s get going in fulfilling your dream of adventure.
- The clients should be healthy enough to make the expedition.
- They should have some prior experiences in mountaineering.
- They should be fit and should be trained a bit before the actual departure.
Why should Marvel trek be chosen for climbing?
Marvel trek has been providing its clients with excellent and satisfactory services since 1998 at a reasonable price.
Also the team of Marvel trek has skilled professional climbers who have years of experiences in mountaineering and are familiar with the geography and weather conditions of the mountains.
You can trust them to guide you with proper instructions and full safety without compromising your wish to enjoy the trip.
Marvel trek keeps its client’s satisfaction,safety and comfort as its priorities.
When is Pumori usually climbed?
Climbers can climb Pumori in both spring and autumn. However, like for every other mountain, the best season to climb Pumori would be the spring. During spring, the climate is comparatively warmer as well as there are fewer chances of snowfalls. Meanwhile, in winter, the temperature drops are extreme. Also, there is constant heavy snowfall which makes the climbing more dangerous than it already is.
How hard is it to climb Pumori?
Climbing Pumori is as tough as climbing any other high mountains and maybe even harder. Like every other mountain climbing, there are chances of altitude sickness. But there are also many more difficulties that one has to face while climbing Pumori. The climbers have to have perfect fitness and previous experiences for signing up for this trip. This mountain also has various sections where skilled technical climbing is required. This trip is only for those who are both physically and mentally ready with previous experience. All these make the expedition to Pumori more thrilling as well as more dangerous.
How long does it take to climb Pumori?
Climbing Pumori might be an adventurous, thrilling and self-refreshing activity, yet it is dangerous too. So, making a rush might not be the best thing to do considering your safety. The overall adventure of climbing Pumori takes around 34 days. During these 34 days, it takes about ten days to reach the base camp.
- Summit Shoe
- Climbing helmet
- Normal Socks
- Summit Socks
- Ice axe
- Trekking Shoes
- Snow goggles
- Camp Boots
- Fleece Jacket
- Gore-Tex Jacket
- Rechargeable batteries
- Down Jacket
- Windproof Jacket –
- Walking stick
- Water Proof Pant
- Long Under Pants
- Gore-Tex Pant
- Thin Fleece Gloves
- Heavy Gloves
- Summit Gloves
- Wind Stopper Fleece Gloves
- Fleece Hat
- Fleece Gloves
- The climbers should get themselves tested to make sure they are healthy enough to climb the mountains.
- A visit to the dentist is also recommended as there is a chance of acute dental problems at high altitudes.
- It is also highly recommended that the climbers should have some previous experiences with mountaineering and with high altitudes.
- It is also requested that the climbers should workout a bit months before ascending the mountain.
Payment and cancellation
- The clients are requested to pay 20% of the tour cost as deposit while booking the expedition.
- The remaining amount should be paid 20 days before the actual departure.
- In case of cancellation, the clients are requested to pay a certain cancellation charge based on the general terms and condition of the company.
- The cancellation charge up to 3 months before the expedition is 50%. Anytime after these 3 months will cost 100%.
Dates of Trip
Group Discount Prices
Frequently Asked Questions
Price W/O Addons: US$ 1100 /pax
- Marvel Treks and Expedition certificate (Certified after completion the trek)
- Duffle Bag during the trekking period.( Complimentary )
- Provision of Down jackets during the trek ( Complimentary )
- Provision of sleeping bags during the trek ( Complimentary )
- Provision of sun hat (As a souvenir)
- Provision of Company Tshirt(As a souvenir)
- Provision of raincoat during the trek ( Complimentary )
- Welcome dinner or farewell dinner at one of the typical Nepalese restaurant with traditional ethnic music and dance( Complimentary )
- First Aid Service (Complimentary )
- Trekking Region map (As a souvenir)
- Services regarding airport transfer to and from the hotel via a private tourist vehicle ($20)
- TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management Systems )($10)
- National park / ACAP / Conservation entry fees.( $30)
- All required local tax and Gov tax ($130 )
- Office service charge.($200)