Ramdung peak Overview
Ramdung lies at the height of 5930m, in border of Khumbuandupper Rolwaling valley in Eastern side of Nepal.Ramdung peak whichisalso known as Ramdung Go, is a very tough and technical peak toclimb. Trail to this peak offers beautiful view of lush forest, hills, cultural villagesof Sherpa, mesmerizing panorama of Himalayan ranges fromLangtangtoEverest. Mount Gaurishankar, and Menlungtse being the most incredibleone. There are also uncountable attractions in this trek like Tashi LaptsaPass, the hidden valley of Rolwaling, Na village, Yalung La, Yalungglaciersand many others. This peak was first climbed by Bill Murray in1952andsince then Ramdung peak is gaining its popularity for trekking. Ramdungtrek is one of challenging and remote trek which requires proper planningand execution.
This route takes you around 20-21 days if you take proper rest and take days off. The cost entirely depends on a number of days, food and accommodation and transportation.
Highlights of Ramdung peak
- Ramdung Peak is a mountain in the Rolwaling Himal range in Nepal, located near the border with Tibet. It is a challenging peak to climb, and the climbing route involves crossing a high-altitude pass and navigating through glaciers and snow fields. Here are some highlights of climbing Ramdung Peak:
- Spectacular views:
- From the summit of Ramdung Peak, you can enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding mountain ranges, including Mount Everest, Lhotse, and Cho Oyu.
- Off the beaten path:
- Ramdung Peak is less crowded than some of the more popular climbing destinations in Nepal, making it a great option for those who prefer a more remote and secluded climbing experience.
- Cultural experiences:
- The climbing route takes you through traditional Tibetan Buddhist villages, where you can interact with the local Sherpa people and learn about their way of life.
- High-altitude challenge:
- At an elevation of 5,925 meters, Ramdung Peak is a challenging climb that requires a good level of physical fitness and acclimatization to altitude.
- Diverse landscape:
- The climbing route takes you through a variety of landscapes, including forests, meadows, and glaciers. You will also have the opportunity to visit holy lakes and monasteries along the way.
- Day 1- arrival at Kathmandu
- Day 2- Kathmandu- Shingati 8-9
- Day 3- Shingati- Jagat 6
- Day 4- Jagat- Simigaon
- Day 5- Simigaon- Daldungla
- Day 6- Daldungla- Beding
- Day 7- Beding- Na
- Day 8- Na- Ramdung base
- Day 9- Ramdung Base camp-Ramdung high Camp
- Day 10- High camp- Ramdungback to base camp
- Day 11-base camp- Tsho Rolpa
- Day 12- Tsho Rolpa- Beding
- Day 13- Beding- Daldungla
- Day 14- Daldunla - Simigaon
- Day 15- Simigaon- Jagat 6
- Day 16- Jagat- Kathmandu
Best season to visit
The temperature in spring,summer and autumn is quite warmer thanwinter. After the monsoon rain has washed away all the pollutions, youcan see clear atmosphere in spring, (March to May) and September toNovember. December- February is also possible and offers youbeautiful views of Rhododendrons forest and views of mountains. Monsoonseason(July and August) also known as summer receives lot of rainfall andthetrails are slippery and muddy which increases the risk.
Ramdung peak trek is certainly among the difficult one, however it depends on which route you take and how long it is. You have towalkandclimb up and down trails for 6-7 hours per day. It is mandatory tohavehigh level of fitness so that you can enjoy your journey without anydifficulties. You need to practice light exercise, running, jogging andbuildyour muscle strength before your journey starts. This place is oneof theremote area of Nepal and the roads are steep and difficult. The maximumheight in this trek is 5930m, which increases the risk of altitudesickness. You have to stay hydrated throughout your journey, eat nutritional food, and check your oxygen level time to time and walk slowly so that youcanadjust with increasing heights. If you ever feel any symptoms of altitudesickness like nausea, increased heart rates, breathing difficultiesetc. youneed to talk to your guide, your friends or anyone near
Insurance– travel insurance is kind of a mandatory thing beforetravelinganywhere. You can always purchase your own travel insurance fromyourtravel agencies. It usually cost around 150$(15000 NRS) good for 30days.
You need to give them complete details about the places and altitudesyouwill be reaching because your insurance depends on details youhavegiven earlier.
Nepal visas/passports – foreigners other than Indians need tohavevalidvisas and passports prior to visiting Nepal. The passport must holdminimum 6 months of visa validity from their date of arrival. They canhavethe Nepalese visa at Kathmandu Tribhuwan International airport.
Peak climbing Equipment List
|Valid Passport||Thin Fleece Gloves (2 Pairs)|
|Credit/Debit Card||Wind Stopper / Screen Tap Gloves (2 Pairs)|
|pP Size Photo (4 Pieces)||Heavy Gloves (Guide Gloves)|
|Insurance Paper And Contact Address||Summit Gloves – 8000m.|
|Foot Wear||Sleeping Bags|
|Summit Boot – 8000m. (Kailas / Lasportiva / Millet )||Sleeping Bag -20OC to -30OC|
|Climbing Boot – 6000m. (Kailas / Lasportiva / Millet)||Down Sleeping Bag -40OC (Extreme Comfort)|
|Normal Socks (5-8 Pairs)||Thermarest Mattress (Cell Foam)|
|Summit Socks/6000 m. Socks (2 Pairs)||Down Mattress (Inflatable)|
|Trekking Shoes (Gore Tex)||Sleeping Bag Liner|
|Light Trekking/Sports Shoes||Inflatable Pillow|
|Camp Booties (1 Pair)||Climbing Equipment|
|Slipper (1 Pair)||Climbing Helmet|
|Upper Body||Summit Down Suit – 8000m.|
|Thermal Top Base Layer (2-3 Pcs)||Ice Axe with Spike & Axe Protector Harness|
|Fleece Jacket (1-2 Pcs)||Belay Devices/ Figure of 8/ ATC Guide Jumar / Ascender|
|Gore Tex Jacket (1 Pcs)||Lock Carabiner (3 Pcs) Unlock Carabiner (2 Pcs) Tape Slings/240 cm|
|Wind Proof Jacket (1-2 Pcs)||Snow Goggle (Summit Purpose, Antifog, Polarized, UV Protection)|
|Down Jacket (1-2 Pcs)||Head Light 500-700 Lumens Spare|
|Cotton T-Shirt (3-5 Pcs)||Battery (Energizer Ultimate Lithium)|
|Lower Body||Satellite Phone With Credit (Optional)|
|Thermal Bottom Base Layer (2-3 Pcs)||Walking Stick/ Trekking Pole|
|Fleece Trouser (1-2 pcs)||Pocket Knife (Swiss)|
|Gore Tex Pant (1 pcs)||Altimeter Watch|
|Light Weight Quick Dry Trekking Pants (2-3 Pairs)||Pee Bottle|
|Gaiters for trekking boots||Power Bank|
|Down Pants (1pcs)||Crampons (Fit with Boot)/Packing Cover|
|Under Wear (4-6 Pcs)||Bag Packs|
|Sun Stuffs||Rucksacks 35 L – 50 L|
|Banana Boat/ Nivea Sun Cream (up to -50 Spf)||Duffle Bag 120 L-150 L (2 Pcs)|
|Lip Guard -30 to -50 (Spf)||Lundry/Garbage Bag (Large)|
|Sun Glasses (Uv Protection)||Water Proof Stuff Sacks/Dry Bag- Small/ Medium/ Large (3-4 Pcs)|
|Glaciers Glasses (Uv Protection)||Medical/First Aid|
|Moisturiser / Lotion||Brufen / Ibuprofens|
|Eating & Drinking||Antibiotic|
|1 Ltr. Water Bottle||Diamox|
|1/ 1.5 Ltr. Thermos||Paracetamol|
|Mug (Opt.)||Handy Plaster|
|Spoon/ Fork (Opt.)||Crack Bandage|
|Bowl (Opt.)||Tincture Iodine|
|Umbrella / Rain Coat||Electrolyte|
|Hot Water Bag||Minil 10mg (Palpitation, anxiety)|
|Camera||Codopar (Headache & chest pain)|
|GPS Tracker (Recommended)||Salbetol 4mg (Breathless)|
|Hand & Toe Warmer||Azithromycin 500mg (chronic tonsillitis, fever, nose, throat infection-must take 5 days)|
|Toiletries (Personal)||Flupen 250mg (prevent wound infection)|
|Toilet Paper / Wet Tissue||Allegra 120/180mg (Allergic tonsil)|
|Towel||Fleece Hat/ Warm Hat (1-2 Pcs)|
|Garbage Bag||Neck Gaiter (2-3 Pcs)|
Payment and cancellation
Policy regarding Payment and Cancellation Payment:
1) To confirm a reservation, a deposit equal to 30% of the total price is required.
2) If the payment is made online, the remaining balance is due 10 days before the Tour, Trekking, Peak Climbing, or Expedition begins. If the payment is made in cash, it can be made after arrival. 3) If the booking is made within 30 days of the expedition beginning, full payment must be made at the time of booking.
1)A full refund of the deposit will be given if a Tour, Trek, Peak Climbing, or Expedition is canceled more than 60 days before the start date.
2)The deposit will not be refunded if a Tour, Trek, Peak Climbing, or Expedition is canceled within 30 days of its start date.
3)A tour, trek, peak climbing, or expedition will not be refunded if it is canceled prior to or on the start date.
4)All participants should strongly consider purchasing travel insurance to cover any unforeseen cancellations or other occurrences.
Note: We reserve the right to modify or cancel any trek in the event of a natural disaster, political unrest, or any other unforeseen circumstances beyond our control. In such cases, a full refund or an alternative option will be provided.
Dates of Trip
Group Discount Prices
Frequently Asked Questions
Price W/O Addons: US$ 1390 per person
- A detailed certificate from Marvel Treks and Expedition (after accomplishment)
- A complimentary raincoat to shed you during the rainy season. (returnable)
- A Complimentary Duffel Bag throughout the trek from our company. (returnable)
- A warm complimentary Down Jacket during the entire trek on behalf of Marvel Treks. (returnable)
- A complimentary sleeping bag for your icy trek. (returnable)
- The essential climbing gear like mountain axe, trekking sticks, etc, for your need throughout the trek. (returnable)
- Delightful complimentary Authentic Nepali cuisine as dinner to embark on your arrival and departure
- Critical complimentary First Aid Service (in times of need)
- An informative trekking map for you to cherish on behalf of our company
- Trendy Sunhat and t-shirt as souvenirs on behalf of Marvel Treks and Expedition.
- All the crucial services about airport transfer to and from the hotel via a private tourist vehicle ($40)
- 2 nights accommodation in a Kathmandu (Kathmandu hotel or similar) ($40)
- The Garbage Disposal System will be accommodated by our company. ($500)
- Climbing Permit for Peak Climbing ($250)
- TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management Systems )($10)
- National park entry fees / ACAP permits / Conservation entry fees. ( $30)
- All essential local tax and Gov, tax and office service charges ($100 )
- Trekking Guide Service($420)
- Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for all the Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Extra nights in any city that’s not accommodated in the itinerary of Marvel Treks and Expedition.
- Summit bonus (250 USD)
- All the International flight checks and airfares.
- Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for alcoholic/ non-alcoholic liquors.
- Additional porter fees along with tips of guides and porters.
- Tips for Climbing Sherpa (200 USD)
- Electronic gadgets like chargers, headphones.
- Individual costs like a hot shower, phone calls, laundry, souvenirs.
- Travel coverage and emergency evacuations.
- Tips for our staff’s drivers.