Mount Lhotse Expedition
Teahouse/Lodge, Tented Camp
Mount Lhotse Expedition Overview
Mt.Lhotse is the fourth-highest in the world. It lies on the border of Nepal and Tibet and measures about 8,516m or 8.516 km. The long east-west crest of this mountain lies south of Mt. Everest while its vertical ridge of the height of 8000m, called the South Col, joins its summit with that of Mt.Everest. The entire Lhotse mountain itself is the combination of three summits, the Lhotse East or Middle, the Lhotse Shar, and finally, the Lhotse Main which measures 8413m,8383m, and 8516m respectively. Mount Lhotse Expedition is also an alternative route to reach Mt.Everest’s summit.
Mt.Lhotse provides a heartwarming experience to its climbers as well as is a great escape from the day-to-day hustle for those who want to have some adventure in their life. However, Mount Lhotse Expedition needs a lot of patience, courage as well as great guidance. This is where Marvel Trek comes into the picture.
Marvel Trek is an established licensed expedition company. It has been providing the best facilities and services to its climbers since 1998 along with some great experiences. We not only keep your safety as the priority. But also guide you to fulfill your wish of experiencing the thrill of climbing a mountain. The entire team of Marvel Trek is full of professionals who will be there to support and guide you throughout your mountaineering adventures.
Highlights of Mount Lhotse Expedition
- Day 1: Arriving at a hotel in Kathmandu
- Day 2: Briefing and preparation for the expedition
- Day 3: Flying to Lukla and reach Phading through trekking
- Day 4: Reaching Namche Bazaar through trekking
- Day 5: Rest day at Namche Bazaar to adjust in the high altitude and low temperature
- Day 6: Trekking to Tyangboche Monastery
- Day 7: Trekking to Dingboche
- Day 8: Trekking to Lobuche
- Day 9: Trekking to Mt.Everest base camp
- Day 10-50: Climbing Mt.Lhotse and returning back to the camp
- Day 51: Packing and cleaning the base camp
- Day 52: Trekking to Pheriche
- Day 53: Trekking to Namche Bazaar
- Day 54: Trekking to Lukla
- Day 55: Flying back to Kathmandu
- Day 56: Exploring Kathmandu
- Day 57: Returning back home
Difficulty to climb
Even Though Mt.Lhotse is not as tall as Mt.Everest,it still measures 8,516m which is still great height. Also,climbing in its couloir is equally difficult because of the frequent rock falls.The height along with the unpredictable weather is itself dangerous to begin with.
Beside these,climbing the mountain is another danger as the normal human body starts to feel the need of oxygen with the increase in height. There are also chances of extreme conditions like frostbites along with blood embolism,pulmonary edema and cerebral edema.
Mount Lhotse with the best Expedition company
The entire team of Marvel Treks works deliberately to provide the best services and facilities to you and makes sure that you will have a once in a lifetime experience. Taking care of the basic needs,safety measures and legal formalities to provide satisfactory and convenient services in the best interest of the clients are the main goals of Marvel Trek.
If you want to live your dream of adding adventure to your life with full safety and if you want to take a break from your day-to-day hustle in the most exciting way with trustworthy help, Marvel Trek is there in your service.
We take care of all the arrangements that’s needed for your trip at a reasonable cost. Contact us and book a trip with us and let’s get going in fulfilling your dream of adventure.
- The clients should be healthy enough to make the expedition.
- They should have some prior experiences in mountaineering.
- They should be fit and should be trained a bit prior to the actual departure.
Why should Marvel trek be chosen for climbing?
Marvel trek has been providing its clients with excellent and satisfactory services since 1998 at a reasonable price.
Also the team of Marvel trek has skilled professional climbers who have years of experiences in mountaineering and are familiar with the geography and weather conditions of the mountains.
You can trust them to guide you with proper instructions and full safety without compromising your wish to enjoy the trip.
Marvel trek keeps its client’s satisfaction,safety and comfort as its priorities.
When is Mt.Lhotse usually climbed?
It can be climbed during pre monsoon and post monsoon seasons.However the mountaineers prefer spring more as the temperature is quite warm during spring, so there is less threat of snow falls.Meanwhile the winter is the least favourable season to climb as there will be snowfalls and also the weather becomes unpredictable.
How hard is it to climb Mt.Lhotse?
Standing tall with a height of 8,513m, climbing Mt.Lhotse is as difficult as climbing other three highest mountain.The gully filled with steep rocks that mountaineers can find in the last 300m of the mountain is one of the many challenges beside unpredictable weather that one has to face while climbing Mt.Lhotse.
Is Mt.Lhotse climb dangerous?
The climb to Mt.Lhotse is as dangerous as climbing other high mountains with the risks of rock falls at its last 300m climb along with it’s unpredictable weather and the high altitude. However,under the guidance of professionals,one can attempt as well as succeed to make their climb.
How long does it take to climb Mt.Lhotse?
Climbing Mt.Lhotse might be an adventurous and self refreshing activity but it is dangerous too so, making a rush might not be the best thing to do considering your safety.The overall adventure of climbing Mt.Lhotse takes at least a span of 7 weeks.In these 7 weeks,1 week is needed just to reach the base camp.
Expedition Equipment List
|Valid Passport||Thin Fleece Gloves (2 Pairs)|
|Credit/Debit Card||Wind Stopper / Screen Tap Gloves (2 Pairs)|
|pP Size Photo (4 Pieces)||Heavy Gloves (Guide Gloves)|
|Insurance Paper And Contact Address||Summit Gloves – 8000m.|
|Foot Wear||Sleeping Bags|
|Summit Boot – 8000m. (Kailas / Lasportiva / Millet )||Sleeping Bag -20OC to -30OC|
|Climbing Boot – 6000m. (Kailas / Lasportiva / Millet)||Down Sleeping Bag -40OC (Extreme Comfort)|
|Normal Socks (5-8 Pairs)||Thermarest Mattress (Cell Foam)|
|Summit Socks/6000 m. Socks (2 Pairs)||Down Mattress (Inflatable)|
|Trekking Shoes (Gore Tex)||Sleeping Bag Liner|
|Light Trekking/Sports Shoes||Inflatable Pillow|
|Camp Booties (1 Pair)||Climbing Equipment|
|Slipper (1 Pair)||Climbing Helmet|
|Upper Body||Summit Down Suit – 8000m.|
|Thermal Top Base Layer (2-3 Pcs)||Ice Axe with Spike & Axe Protector Harness|
|Fleece Jacket (1-2 Pcs)||Belay Devices/ Figure of 8/ ATC Guide Jumar / Ascender|
|Gore Tex Jacket (1 Pcs)||Lock Carabiner (3 Pcs) Unlock Carabiner (2 Pcs) Tape Slings/240 cm|
|Wind Proof Jacket (1-2 Pcs)||Snow Goggle (Summit Purpose, Antifog, Polarized, UV Protection)|
|Down Jacket (1-2 Pcs)||Head Light 500-700 Lumens Spare|
|Cotton T-Shirt (3-5 Pcs)||Battery (Energizer Ultimate Lithium)|
|Lower Body||Satellite Phone With Credit (Optional)|
|Thermal Bottom Base Layer (2-3 Pcs)||Walking Stick/ Trekking Pole|
|Fleece Trouser (1-2 pcs)||Pocket Knife (Swiss)|
|Gore Tex Pant (1 pcs)||Altimeter Watch|
|Light Weight Quick Dry Trekking Pants (2-3 Pairs)||Pee Bottle|
|Gaiters for trekking boots||Power Bank|
|Down Pants (1pcs)||Crampons (Fit with Boot)/Packing Cover|
|Under Wear (4-6 Pcs)||Bag Packs|
|Sun Stuffs||Rucksacks 35 L – 50 L|
|Banana Boat/ Nivea Sun Cream (up to -50 Spf)||Duffle Bag 120 L-150 L (2 Pcs)|
|Lip Guard -30 to -50 (Spf)||Lundry/Garbage Bag (Large)|
|Sun Glasses (Uv Protection)||Water Proof Stuff Sacks/Dry Bag- Small/ Medium/ Large (3-4 Pcs)|
|Glaciers Glasses (Uv Protection)||Medical/First Aid|
|Moisturiser / Lotion||Brufen / Ibuprofens|
|Eating & Drinking||Antibiotic|
|1 Ltr. Water Bottle||Diamox|
|1/ 1.5 Ltr. Thermos||Paracetamol|
|Mug (Opt.)||Handy Plaster|
|Spoon/ Fork (Opt.)||Crack Bandage|
|Bowl (Opt.)||Tincture Iodine|
|Umbrella / Rain Coat||Electrolyte|
|Hot Water Bag||Minil 10mg (Palpitation, anxiety)|
|Camera||Codopar (Headache & chest pain)|
|GPS Tracker (Recommended)||Salbetol 4mg (Breathless)|
|Hand & Toe Warmer||Azithromycin 500mg (chronic tonsillitis, fever, nose, throat infection-must take 5 days)|
|Toiletries (Personal)||Flupen 250mg (prevent wound infection)|
|Toilet Paper / Wet Tissue||Allegra 120/180mg (Allergic tonsil)|
|Towel||Fleece Hat/ Warm Hat (1-2 Pcs)|
|Garbage Bag||Neck Gaiter (2-3 Pcs)|
- The climbers should get themselves tested to make sure they are healthy enough to climb the mountain.
- A visit to the dentist is also recommended as there are chances of acute dental problems at high altitudes.
- It is also highly recommended that the climbers should have some previous experiences with mountaineering and with high altitudes.
- It is also requested that the climbers should workout a bit months prior to ascending the mountain.
Payment and cancellation
Policy regarding Payment and Cancellation Payment:
1) To confirm a reservation, a deposit equal to 30% of the total price is required.
2) If the payment is made online, the remaining balance is due 10 days before the Tour, Trekking, Peak Climbing, or Expedition begins. If the payment is made in cash, it can be made after arrival. 3) If the booking is made within 30 days of the expedition beginning, full payment must be made at the time of booking.
1)A full refund of the deposit will be given if a Tour, Trek, Peak Climbing, or Expedition is canceled more than 60 days before the start date.
2)The deposit will not be refunded if a Tour, Trek, Peak Climbing, or Expedition is canceled within 30 days of its start date.
3)A tour, trek, peak climbing, or expedition will not be refunded if it is canceled prior to or on the start date.
4)All participants should strongly consider purchasing travel insurance to cover any unforeseen cancellations or other occurrences.
Note: We reserve the right to modify or cancel any trek in the event of a natural disaster, political unrest, or any other unforeseen circumstances beyond our control. In such cases, a full refund or an alternative option will be provided.
Dates of Trip
April 1, 2023 - May 27, 2023
April 2, 2023 - May 28, 2023
April 3, 2023 - May 29, 2023
April 4, 2023 - May 30, 2023
April 7, 2023 - June 2, 2023
April 9, 2023 - June 4, 2023
April 11, 2023 - June 6, 2023
April 15, 2023 - June 10, 2023
April 20, 2023 - June 15, 2023
April 1, 2024 - May 27, 2024
April 2, 2024 - May 28, 2024
April 3, 2024 - May 29, 2024
April 4, 2024 - May 30, 2024
April 7, 2024 - June 2, 2024
April 9, 2024 - June 4, 2024
April 11, 2024 - June 6, 2024
April 15, 2024 - June 10, 2024
April 20, 2024 - June 15, 2024
April 1, 2025 - May 27, 2025
April 2, 2025 - May 28, 2025
April 3, 2025 - May 29, 2025
April 4, 2025 - May 30, 2025
April 7, 2025 - June 2, 2025
April 9, 2025 - June 4, 2025
April 11, 2025 - June 6, 2025
April 15, 2025 - June 10, 2025
April 20, 2025 - June 15, 2025
Group Discount Prices
Frequently Asked Questions
Price W/O Addons: US$ 12500 per person
Base Camp Service – $4400
- Arrival and Departure: Marvel Treks and Expedition will assist you with Airport (pick up and drop), hotel transfer and sightseeing in and around Kathmandu.
- Hotel Accommodation In Kathmandu: Marvel Treks and Expedition will provide you with a standard hotel (3-star or five-star) in Kathmandu Valley for your stay here.
- Welcome Dinner: We will provide you with a welcome dinner consisting of Authentic Nepali foods which will melt your soul.
- Cargo Clearance: Marvel Treks and Expedition will do International Cargo clearance and deliver the government taxes before the commencement of the expedition.
- Permit: Marvel Treks and Expedition will provide Expedition Royalty and permit of Nepal Government to climb Mt. Lhotse, Sagarmatha National Park entry fee, TIMS CARD & other essential local taxes.
- Khumbu Pollution and Garbage Management System: Our company will provide your permit from Sagarmatha Pollution Control Committee (SPCC) and empty all the charges and clear the garbage on the last day of the expedition. We will also be providing you with the Stool (faeces) management system, shipment system, and garbage disposal system.
- Liaison Officer: Marvel Treks and Expedition will deliver you a Government Liaison officer with full equipment ($2,500), compensation and accommodation.
- Insurance: All the essential Medical & Emergency rescue Insurance for all engaged Nepalese staff throughout the trekking and expedition.
- Map: Marvel Treks and Expedition will offer you all the vital trekking maps and climbing route tracks.
- Member transportation: Marvel Treks and Expedition will provide you with an early flight from Kathmandu – Lukla or while going back Lukla – Kathmandu, as instructed by the itinerary. Then, trek from Lukla to Base Camp and then climb Everest. But if you are a regular trekker who wishes to climb Mt. Everest from Base Camp, we will provide you with a Helicopter ride. You will have a heli tour from Kathmandu to Base Camp directly.
- Expedition Items Transportation: Marvel Treks and Expedition will take you along with all your essential gears in the vehicle with all staff from Kathmandu to Lukla or Lukla to Kathmandu (by air cargo) and Base camp (via Porters/ Pony/ Yak). According to your preference for the itinerary expedition, our staff will take you by a scenic flight from Kathmandu to Lukla or vice versa.
- Member Luggage: The maximum load of 35 kg is the limit for all the personal items of baggage you will carry. More load than that couldn’t be handled by porters or Yak.
- Food and Lodging: Our Company will provide you with three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner; including tea and coffee) along with available accommodation at Hotel/Guest House/Tea house throughout the trek and at the Basecamp. Along with a well-managed system of tents or outdoor living with the help of our staff.
- Porter: Marvel Treks and Expedition will provide you with Porters per individual up to Base camp from Lukla and also vice versa.
- Base Camp Staff: Marvel Treks and Expedition will provide you with professional and expert Base Camp Cooks & kitchen Helpers as per your necessity.
- Staff Salary and allowance: Marvel Treks and Expedition will deliver all the daily wages, salary, equipment, food & clothing for our Nepalese staff and porters.
- Base Camp Tent: Our agency will provide the individual member with a personal North Face tent in Base Camp.
- Base Camp equipment: Marvel Treks and Expedition will provide you with foam mattresses and pillows per member, one dining Tent, one Kitchen Tent, one Communication tent, one Toilet and one Shower Tent, one Staffs Tent, one Tent for Nepalese base camp staff, Store tent, Tables, chairs and all the essential cooking gears.
- Solar/Generator/Inverter: Marvel Treks and Expedition will offer you one Solar panel and Generator for lights at base camp, and a battery charger for your electronic devices.
- Marvel Treks and Expedition will provide an Extensive Medical kit for members, Sherpas and staff.
- Certificate: Marvel Travels and Treks will provide you with an accomplishment certificate issued by MoCTCA and Marvel Treks and Expedition itself (after climbing Mt. Lhotse successfully).
**Note: All expedition trekking gears and equipment borrowed from Marvel Treks and Expedition should be returned after the expedition.
- Air Fare: Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be providing International flight airfare (from and to Kathmandu).
- Nepal entry Visa fee: Marvel Treks won’t be providing Nepali Visa fees.
- Lunch & Dinner: Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be providing Lunch & dinner throughout your stay in Kathmandu (also in the issue of early return from Trekking /Expedition that is not scheduled in the itinerary)
- Extra night in Kathmandu: Our company won’t provide all the extra night accommodation in Kathmandu.
- Insurance: Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for Expedition and high-altitude insurance, calamity, medical & emergency evacuation.
- Rescue Evacuation: Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation cost (if required). (Rescue, Medication, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenditures.)
- Personal Expenses: All Personal Expenses like Telephone Calls, Internet, Toiletries, battery recharge, hot shower, laundry, soft beverages, beers and any Alcoholic drinks etc won’t be under Marvel Treks and Expedition.
- Toiletries: All Personal hygiene products like Soaps, shampoos, toilet and tissue papers, toothpaste, etc won’t be provided by Marvel Treks and Expedition
- Filming: Marvel Treks and Expedition doesn’t include all the Special Filming, Camera and Drone permit/entry fees.
- Internet Service: Marvel Treks and Travels won’t be including any Internet Facilities during the trek.
- High Altitude Climbing Sherpa: We won’t provide you the Government licensed trekking expert, experienced and once-climbed Sherpas to assist you while climbing.
- Climbing Sherpa Salary & Allowance: Marvel Treks and Travels will not be responsible for the trekking Sherpa Salary, trekking gear, Food and Clothing.
- Oxygen Bottle (O2): Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be supplying an Oxygen cylinder: 3 oxygen bottles (2.5 litres.) per trekker and 2 oxygen bottles for individual high-summit Sherpa.
- Oxygen Mask & Regulator: Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t provide you with a set of High Altitude Oxygen masks for each member and high-altitude Sherpa.
- High camp service: Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be providing you with a high altitude tent, Necessary cooking EPI gas, a cooking pot for a member.
- A Satellite Phone: Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t provide you with a Satellite Phone for emergency contact held by Sherpa.
- Walkie-Talkie: Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t provide you with a Walkie–Talkie for intercommunicating from Base Camp to Mountain and vice versa.
- Permit: Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t provide you with a satellite Phone/walkie-talkie permit for all associates and staff.
- Rope Fixing: Marvel Treks and Travels won’t be including all the essential costs of using fixed rope during the expedition
- Summit Bonus: Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for bonus for climbing experienced Sherpa- Minimum 2500 USD.
- Tips: Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be conversing with any tips for Basecamp staff. Please be generous to our staff who helped you.
- Extra: Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for any other services or actions, which are not noted in the itinerary.
- We won’t be taking responsibility for any other activities or items that are not listed in the “Cost Includes” Section.
Mount Lhotse Expedition