Ganesh Himal base camp Trek
Ganesh Himal base camp Trek Overview
The Ganesh Himal Base Camp Trek is a perfect combination of adventure, luxury and fun. It is highly believed that Ganesh Himal has got its name from Hindu deity “Ganesha”. The peak of the Ganesh Himal resembles Lord Ganesh’s head itself which is head of elephant. Ganesh Himal lies in North central Nepal, located in between langtang National park and Manaslu conservation area. This trekking also gives a spectacular view of Langtang Valley Trek and Manaslu Circuit Trekking.
It lies in Dhading, Gorkha Rasuwa and Nuwakot district. The area of Ganesh Himal have major population of with tamang, gurung and ghale people. Ganesh Himal lies at the altitude of 7,422 m,(24,350ft). It is home to 4 other peaks over 7000m and 14 other peaks over 6000m. On the way to Ganesh Himal you can see amazing views of terraced hills, huge forest, and tamang culture. You will also witness diverse vegetation that ranges from sub-tropical to alpine vegetation region.
There are 526 species of plants and 300 species of birds and animals including Gaur, musk deer, monkeys and many unique or rare birds. Ganesh Himal is also a home to 40 different types of orchids. The sights of rhododendron, lakes and waterfalls adds more beauty to the journey. There is a vibrant settlements of tamang people, you can see their culture, lifestyle and unique traditions. Even though Ganesh Himal itself is a very beautiful place as a whole, some reward able places are Ganga Jamuna, twin waterfalls, kalo, seto and Ganesh Kunda, hot springs and Tripurasundari temple.
If you are looking for the best trekking in Himalaya, Ganesh Himal Base Camp Trek is one of the best options that you can choose from.
Highlights of Ganesh Himal base camp Trek
- Stunning view of Ganesh Himal, Langtang Himal, and Manaslu range.
- Diverse flora and fauna of Langtang National Park and Manaslu Conservation Area.
- Trek through Rhododendron and oak forest.
- Experience the hospitality and traditional villages of Tamang, Gurung, Gatlang, Somang, and Sethun villages.
- Day 1- drive from Kathmandu to Balche which might take 6-7 hours’ drive
- Day 2- Balche to Rupchet, lies at 3850, takes 6 hours of walk
- Day 3- trek from Rupchet to Chalish gaon, through Singla Pass, lies at 4050m, takes 6-7 hours of walk.
- Day 4- Chalish gaon to Rachyat Gaon, lies at 1775m, takes 4-5 hours trek.
- Day 5- Rachyat Gaon to Khading Gaon, at 2025m, takes 4-5 hours walk.
- Day 6-Lapa Gaon to Ri gaon, lies at 1550m, takes 5 hours walk.
- Day 7- Ri gaon to Phul Kharka, at 1210m, takes 5 hours walk.
- Day 8- Phul Kharka to Jyamrung Durbar, at 1550m, takes 5-6 hours walk.
- Day 9- Jyamrung Durbar to Dhading Besi and to Kathmandu, takes 3-4 hours driving
Packing List for Ganesh Himal Base Camp Trek
Clothing and equipment-
You might want to know what kind of things are necessary to you during your trip. Even though people can have their own choices here are some basic things you will be needing.
- Down jacket
- Fleece jacket
- trekking trousers and shorts
- Hiking shirts, t shirts, hiking boots
- Long sleeve shirts and t shirts
- thick wool shocks
- Light weight cotton pants
- back pack/ day pack
- Water proof jackets
- cosmetics (suns cream, lip balm,)
- Water proof pants travel towels
- Raincoat tissues
- papers and trash bags
- First aid kit
- torch light/flash light
- Hand sanitizer
- wash kit
- Baby wipes
- power bank
- Trekking pole sleeping bags
- Reusable bottle
- water purification
- Beanies gloves
- Buffs flip-flops
Insurance policy– high mountains are not the kind of places you want to travel without insurance policy. Travel insurance has become the part of trekking requirements. If you ever have some medical emergencies your travel insurance will have to bear it and that is why you need to mention the details about the places you are going and altitudes you will be reaching.
Valid visas/passports – all foreigners except Indians are required to have valid visa and passports to enter Nepal. The visa application will need the passport having minimum 6 months of validation along with your passport size photo. You will receive your visa upon your arrival at tribhuwan international airport
Dates of Trip
Group Discount Prices
Frequently Asked Questions
Price W/O Addons: US$ 800 /pax
- First Aid Service (Complimentary Basic)
- Marvel Treks and Expedition certificate (Complimentary after completion the trek)
- Duffle Bag using for Trekking.( Complimentary )
- Down jackets and sleeping bags ( Complimentary )
- Welcome dinner or farewell dinner at one of the typical Nepalese restaurant with traditional ethnic music and dance( Complimentary )
- Trekking Region map. (As a souvenir)
- Arrival and Departure Transport.(Complimentary )
- TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management Systems )($10)
- National park / ACAP / Conservation entry fees.( $30)
- All required local tax and Gov tax ($130 )
- Office service charge.($200)
Ganesh Himal base camp Trek