Ganesh Himal base camp Trek
Ganesh Himal base camp Trek Overview
The Ganesh Himal Base Camp Trek is a perfect combination of adventure, luxury and fun. It is highly believed that Ganesh Himal has got its name from Hindu deity “Ganesha”. The peak of the Ganesh Himal resembles Lord Ganesh’s head itself which is head of elephant. Ganesh Himal lies in North central Nepal, located in between langtang National park and Manaslu conservation area. This trekking also gives a spectacular view of Langtang Valley Trek and Manaslu Circuit Trekking.
It lies in Dhading, Gorkha Rasuwa and Nuwakot district. The area of Ganesh Himal have major population of with tamang, gurung and ghale people. Ganesh Himal lies at the altitude of 7,422 m,(24,350ft). It is home to 4 other peaks over 7000m and 14 other peaks over 6000m. On the way to Ganesh Himal you can see amazing views of terraced hills, huge forest, and tamang culture. You will also witness diverse vegetation that ranges from sub-tropical to alpine vegetation region.
There are 526 species of plants and 300 species of birds and animals including Gaur, musk deer, monkeys and many unique or rare birds. Ganesh Himal is also a home to 40 different types of orchids. The sights of rhododendron, lakes and waterfalls adds more beauty to the journey. There is a vibrant settlements of tamang people, you can see their culture, lifestyle and unique traditions. Even though Ganesh Himal itself is a very beautiful place as a whole, some reward able places are Ganga Jamuna, twin waterfalls, kalo, seto and Ganesh Kunda, hot springs and Tripurasundari temple.
If you are looking for the best trekking in Himalaya, Ganesh Himal Base Camp Trek is one of the best options that you can choose from.
Highlights of Ganesh Himal base camp Trek
- Stunning view of Ganesh Himal, Langtang Himal, and Manaslu range.
- Diverse flora and fauna of Langtang National Park and Manaslu Conservation Area.
- Trek through Rhododendron and oak forest.
- Experience the hospitality and traditional villages of Tamang, Gurung, Gatlang, Somang, and Sethun villages.
- Day 1- drive from Kathmandu to Balche which might take 6-7 hours’ drive
- Day 2- Balche to Rupchet, lies at 3850, takes 6 hours of walk
- Day 3- trek from Rupchet to Chalish gaon, through Singla Pass, lies at 4050m, takes 6-7 hours of walk.
- Day 4- Chalish gaon to Rachyat Gaon, lies at 1775m, takes 4-5 hours trek.
- Day 5- Rachyat Gaon to Khading Gaon, at 2025m, takes 4-5 hours walk.
- Day 6-Lapa Gaon to Ri gaon, lies at 1550m, takes 5 hours walk.
- Day 7- Ri gaon to Phul Kharka, at 1210m, takes 5 hours walk.
- Day 8- Phul Kharka to Jyamrung Durbar, at 1550m, takes 5-6 hours walk.
- Day 9- Jyamrung Durbar to Dhading Besi and to Kathmandu, takes 3-4 hours driving
Trekking Equipment List
|Woolen t shirts/shirts/thick sweaters.||Backpack/Duffle bag|
|Jackets (Fiber or down)||Passport size photographs|
|Raincoat||Permit and travel insurance|
|Pair of sandals||Suns cream and lip balm|
|Trekking trousers||Wash kit|
|Sleeping trousers||First aid kit|
|Hiking shorts||Power bank|
|Water proof pants||Summer/winter hat|
|Sleeping bag/Sleeping bag liner||Water bottles and water purifier|
|Hiking boots||Trekking poles|
|Gloves and beanies||Camera|
|Snow glasses and sunglasses||trekking map|
|Neck gaiter||Water purification|
|Sun hat/woolen hat||Water bottles|
Insurance policy– high mountains are not the kind of places you want to travel without insurance policy. Travel insurance has become the part of trekking requirements. If you ever have some medical emergencies your travel insurance will have to bear it and that is why you need to mention the details about the places you are going and altitudes you will be reaching.
Valid visas/passports – all foreigners except Indians are required to have valid visa and passports to enter Nepal. The visa application will need the passport having minimum 6 months of validation along with your passport size photo. You will receive your visa upon your arrival at tribhuwan international airport.
Payment and Cancellation
Policy regarding Payment and Cancellation Payment:
1) To confirm a reservation, a deposit equal to 30% of the total price is required.
2) If the payment is made online, the remaining balance is due 10 days before the Tour, Trekking, Peak Climbing, or Expedition begins. If the payment is made in cash, it can be made after arrival. 3) If the booking is made within 30 days of the expedition beginning, full payment must be made at the time of booking.
1)A full refund of the deposit will be given if a Tour, Trek, Peak Climbing, or Expedition is canceled more than 60 days before the start date.
2)The deposit will not be refunded if a Tour, Trek, Peak Climbing, or Expedition is canceled within 30 days of its start date.
3)A tour, trek, peak climbing, or expedition will not be refunded if it is canceled prior to or on the start date.
4)All participants should strongly consider purchasing travel insurance to cover any unforeseen cancellations or other occurrences.
Note: We reserve the right to modify or cancel any trek in the event of a natural disaster, political unrest, or any other unforeseen circumstances beyond our control. In such cases, a full refund or an alternative option will be provided.
Dates of Trip
Group Discount Prices
Frequently Asked Questions
Price W/O Addons: US$ 1440 per person
- A detailed certificate from Marvel Treks and Expedition (after accomplishment)
- Trendy Sunhat and t-shirt as souvenirs on behalf of Marvel Treks and Expedition.
- A complimentary raincoat to shed you during the rainy season.
- A Complimentary Duffel Bag throughout the trek from our company. (returnable)
- A warm complimentary Down Jacket during the entire trek on behalf of Marvel Treks. (returnable)
- A complimentary sleeping bag for your icy trek. (returnable)
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner throughout the trek.
- The essential climbing gears like mountain axe, trekking sticks etc, for your need throughout the trek. (returnable)
- Delightful complimentary Authentic Nepali cuisine as dinner to embark on your arrival and departure
- Critical complimentary First Aid Service (in times of need)
- An informative trekking map for you to cherish on behalf of our company
- All the crucial services about airport transfer to and from the hotel via a private tourist vehicle ($40)
- TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management Systems )($10)
- National park entry fees / ACAP permits / Conservation entry fees. ( $30)
- All essential local tax and Gov tax ($130 )
- All the required office service charges. ($200)
- Essential Medical supplies and first aid equipment will be provided.
- Miscellaneous ($30)
- Porter Guide ($335)
- Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for all the Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Extra nights in any city that’s not accommodated in the itinerary of Marvel Treks and Expedition.
- All the International flight checks and airfares.
- Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for alcoholic/ non-alcoholic liquors.
- Additional porter fees along with tips of guides and porters.
- Electronic gadgets like chargers, headphones.
- Individual costs like a hot shower, phone calls, laundry, souvenirs.
- Travel coverage and emergency evacuations.
- Tips for our staff’s drivers.
Ganesh Himal base camp Trek