Cho-La pass trek
Cho-La pass trek Overview
Cho-La pass trek is one of the most popular treks in Nepal. Several trekkers are attracted to this trekking due to its adventurous nature and spectacular alpine views. Cho-La is a summit pass that lies at the height of 5420m, in the Everest region, Solukhumbu district. It is one of the most difficult treks. This trekking take us through the trail of Everest base camp, Kalapathhar, Gorakshep, and Gokyo Lakes. Mount Everest base camp via Cho-la pass is a very beautiful and adventurous journey.
This pass basically connects the main Everest base camp with the Gokyo region. The glacier portion of this trek makes the Cho-La pass very hard and requires basic mountaineering skills and the use of crampons. The trail passes through Sagarmatha National park which includes lots of rare flora and fauna, several Sherpa settlements, remote alpine highland areas, beautiful landscapes, and the Khumbu glacier. From Cho-la pass we can see the amazing view of Mount Everest, Cho-oyu, Mount Makalu, and Mount Lhotse. Even though the Cho-La pass trekking comes along with the other 2 high passes, Kongma La and Renjo La, you can also choose this trip.
The gateway for the Cho-la pass trek is Lukla and the easiest and the fastest way to reach Lukla is to take a flight from Kathmandu which only takes 35 minutes. You can also travel by bus but it is certainly a tiring route. There is no direct connection between Kathmandu and Lukla and you need to travel via Jiri.
Cho La pass trek is categorized as a challenging and difficult trek. However, the level of difficulty entirely depends on your physical and mental fitness. But you can build your muscle strength, make your body flexible by practicing some light exercise, running, and jogging.
Highlights of Cho-La pass trek
- Trek through one of the highest passes of the Everest region
- Diverse flora and fauna of Sagarmatha National Park
- Explore beautiful Khumbu valley, Gokyo, and Kalapathhar hills
- Experience the hospitality of Sherpa people
- Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu
- Day 2 Sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Day 3 Fly to Lukla and trek to Phakding (2652m/8699ft) Duration 3 Hours
- Day 4 Trek to Namche (3440m/11283Ft) Duration 6 Hours
- Day 5 Hike to Everest View Hotel Day (3,865m/12,670ft) Duration: 3 Hours
- Day 6 Trek to Tengboche (3860m/12680ft) Duration 5 Hours
- Day 7 Trek to Dingboche (4410m/14464ft) Duration 5 Hours
- Day 8 Hike to Nagerjun (5,100m/16,728ft) Duration 5 Hours
- Day 9 Trek to Lobuche (4,910m /16,728ft) Duration 5 Hours
- Day 10 Trek to Everest Base Camp (5364m/17594ft)–back to Gorakshep (5,181 m /16,994ft) Duration 8 Hours
- Day 11 Hike to Kalapattar (5,550m /18,190ft) and trek to Dzongla (4,830m/15,840ft) Duration: 6-7 Hours
- Day 12 Trek to Dragnak (4700m/15415ft) via Chola Pass (5,420m/17,782ft) Duration: 7 Hours
- Day 13 Trek to Gokyo Lakes (4,790m/15,710ft) Duration: 2-3 Hours
- Day 14 Hike to Gokyo Ri (5,483m/19,083ft) and trek to Dole (4,200m/13,775ft) Duration: 6-7 Hours
- Day 15 Trek to Namche (3,440m/11,285ft) Duration: 6 Hours
- Day 16 Trek to Lukla (2,840m/9,317ft) Duration: 6-7 Hours
- Day 17 Fly back to Kathmandu
- Day 18 Free day in Kathmandu
- Day 19 Departure Day (Farewell)
Highpass Equipment List
|Woolen t shirts/shirts/thick sweaters.||Backpack/Duffle bag|
|Jackets (Fiber or down).||Passport size photographs|
|Raincoat||Permit and travel insurance|
|Pair of sandals||Suns cream and lip balm|
|Trekking trousers||Wash kit|
|Sleeping trousers||First aid kit :|
|Hiking shorts||Power bank|
|Water proof pants||Summer/winter hat|
|Sleeping bag/Sleeping bag liner||Water bottles and water purifier|
|Hiking boots||Trekking poles|
|Gloves and beanies||Camera|
|Snow glasses and sunglasses||trekking map|
|Neck gaiter:||Water purification|
|Sun hat/woolen hat:||Water bottles|
Symptoms of Mountain sickness
- Loss of appetite
- Shortness of breath
- Fast heartbeats
Preventing mountain sickness
- Walk slow
- Stay hydrated
- Have nutritional food
- Have enough rest
- Avoid smoking and alcohol
Medicines for mountain sickness
- Ibuprofen, paracetamol (for headache)
- Promethazine (for nausea)
Payment and Cancellation
Policy regarding Payment and Cancellation Payment:
1) To confirm a reservation, a deposit equal to 30% of the total price is required.
2) If the payment is made online, the remaining balance is due 10 days before the Tour, Trekking, Peak Climbing, or Expedition begins. If the payment is made in cash, it can be made after arrival. 3) If the booking is made within 30 days of the expedition beginning, full payment must be made at the time of booking.
1)A full refund of the deposit will be given if a Tour, Trek, Peak Climbing, or Expedition is canceled more than 60 days before the start date.
2)The deposit will not be refunded if a Tour, Trek, Peak Climbing, or Expedition is canceled within 30 days of its start date.
3)A tour, trek, peak climbing, or expedition will not be refunded if it is canceled prior to or on the start date.
4)All participants should strongly consider purchasing travel insurance to cover any unforeseen cancellations or other occurrences.
Note: We reserve the right to modify or cancel any trek in the event of a natural disaster, political unrest, or any other unforeseen circumstances beyond our control. In such cases, a full refund or an alternative option will be provided.
Dates of Trip
Group Discount Prices
Frequently Asked Questions
Price W/O Addons: US$ 1240 per person
- A detailed certificate from Marvel Treks and Expedition (after accomplishment)
- Trendy Sunhat and t-shirt as souvenirs on behalf of Marvel Treks and Expedition.
- A complimentary raincoat to shed you during the rainy season.
- A Complimentary Duffel Bag throughout the trek from our company. (returnable)
- A warm complimentary Down Jacket during the entire trek on behalf of Marvel Treks. (returnable)
- A complimentary sleeping bag for your icy trek. (returnable)
- The essential climbing gears like mountain axe, trekking sticks etc, for your need throughout the trek. (returnable)
- Delightful complimentary Authentic Nepali cuisine as dinner to embark on your arrival and departure
- Critical complimentary First Aid Service (in times of need)
- An informative trekking map for you to cherish on behalf of our company
- All the crucial services about airport transfer to and from the hotel via a private tourist vehicle ($40)
- TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management Systems )($10)
- National park entry fees / ACAP permits / Conservation entry fees. ( $30)
- All essential local tax and Gov tax ($130 )
- All the required office service charges. ($200)
- Miscellaneous ($30)
- Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for all the Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Extra nights in any city that’s not accommodated in the itinerary of Marvel Treks and Expedition.
- All the International flight checks and airfares.
- Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for alcoholic/ non-alcoholic liquors.
- Additional porter fees along with tips of guides and porters.
- Electronic gadgets like chargers, headphones.
- Individual costs like a hot shower, phone calls, laundry, souvenirs.
- Travel coverage and emergency evacuations.
- Tips for our staff’s drivers.
Cho-La pass trek