Teahouse/Lodge, Tented Camp
Mt. Cho Oyu, the sixth tallest mountain in the world and the fifth in Nepal, stands tall at a height of 8,118m (8.118 km). It falls in the border between Nepal and China. This mountain is the westernmost peak within the Mahalangur Himal and falls to the west of Mt. Everest. The name ‘Cho Oyu’ came from the Tibetan language which represents the ‘ Turquoise Goddess’. The mountain has earned its name because of its beautiful bluish-green colour that blossoms during sunsets. Near this mountain, there is a glaciated pass called Nang La pass, which is a busy trading route. Without a doubt, Cho Oyu Expedition is a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
This mountain has comparatively fewer challenges in its routes as well as the expeditions are more approachable and facilitated because of the nearby trade route. Cho Oyu Expedition is among the easiest ones in comparison to climbing other mountains measuring more than 8,000m. This mountain is ideal for experiencing the thin air at high altitudes and is usually a stepping stone for climbing other harder mountains. Also, the summit offers a magnificent view of Mt. Everest and other mountains that surround Mt. Cho Oyu which is another treat to your eyes and heart.
Why Mount Cho Oyu Expedition with Marvel Trek?
Cho Oyu Expedition provides a heartwarming experience to its climbers and a great escape from their day-to-day hustle. All these make the expedition refreshing but other dangers come due to its massive height.
This is where Marvel Trek comes in the picture.
Marvel Trek is an established licensed expedition company. It has been providing best facilities and services to its climbers since 1998 along with some great experiences. We not only keep your safety as the priority. But also guide you to fulfil your wish of experiencing the thrill of climbing a mountain.
The entire team of Marvel Trek is full of professionals who will be there to support and guide you throughout your mountaineering adventures.
Highlights of cho-oyu-expedition
- Cho Oyu is the sixth-highest mountain in the world, with an elevation of 8,188 meters (26,864 feet) above sea level. It is located on the border between Nepal and Tibet and is part of the Himalayan mountain range.
- Climbing Cho Oyu is considered to be a technically challenging expedition, due to the high altitude and harsh weather conditions. The mountain is often used as a training ground for climbers preparing to tackle higher peaks, such as Mount Everest.
- The usual route to the summit of Cho Oyu involves setting up base camp at an altitude of around 5,300 meters (17,388 feet), and then establishing several higher camps as the climb progresses. The final ascent to the summit involves climbing steep snow and ice slopes, and crossing a series of crevasses.
- Due to the difficulty of the climb, it is important for climbers to be in good physical shape and to have extensive mountaineering experience. It is also essential to have a qualified and experienced guide, as well as the proper equipment and supplies, to ensure a safe and successful expedition.
- Overall, the Cho Oyu expedition is a rewarding and challenging experience that offers stunning views of the Himalayan landscape and the opportunity to test one’s limits in a high-altitude environmen
- Day 1: Arriving at a hotel in Kathmandu
- Day 2: Preparing to get a Tibetean Visa
- Day 3-4: Issuing the VISA, briefing and preparing for the expedition
- Day 5: Driving to Timure
- Day 6: Driving to Kerung by crossing the Nepalese border
- Day 7: Driving to Old Tingri
- Day 8: Rest day at Old Tingri to adjust in the high altitude and low temperature
- Day 9: Driving through Rombuk Monastery to reach Cho Oyu Chinese Basecamp
- Day 10-12: Rest days at Cho Oyu Chinese Basecamp
- Day 13: Trekking to Intermediate basecamp
- Day 14: Trekking to Advance basecamp
- Day 14-39: Climbing Mt.Cho Oyu and returning back to the Advance basecamp
- Day 40: Trekking back to CHo Oyu Chinese Basecamp
- Day 41: Driving back to Thingri
- Day 42: Driving back to Kerung
- Day 43: Driving back to Kathmandu by crossing the Tibetan border.
- Day 44: Exploring Kathmandu
- Day 45: Returning home
Difficulty to climb
Climbing Mt.Cho Oyu is considered as the easiest one in comparison to other mountains that are more than 8,000m tall. The comparatively less challenging route facilitates its travellers with an easier path. Besides the normal altitude sickness because of the height and other minor challenges, the climb is easier and safer in comparison to other peak climbing. Also, Mt.Cho Oyu is the second most climbed mountain and is considered ideal for experiencing the thin air at high altitude and can be used as a stepping stone for climbing other harder mountains
Mount Cho Oyu with the best Expedition company
Mt.Cho Oyu might be comparatively easier and less dangerous to climb compared to other mountains but it still can be challenging because of its massive height and without proper guidance and preparations it might even be dangerous. This is where Marvel Trek comes in the picture.
The entire team of Marvel Trek works deliberately to provide the best services and facilities to you and makes sure that you will have a once in a lifetime experience. Taking care of the basic needs, safety measures and legal formalities to provide satisfactory and convenient services in the best interest of the clients are the main goals of Marvel Trek.
If you want to live your dream of adding adventure to your life with full safety and if you want to take a break from your day-to-day hustle in the most exciting way with trustworthy help, Marvel Trek is there in your service.
We take care of all the arrangements that are needed for your trip at a reasonable cost. Contact us and book a trip with us and let’s get going in fulfilling your dream of adventure.
- The clients should be healthy enough to make the expedition.
- They should have some prior experiences in mountaineering.
- They should be fit and should be trained a bit before the actual departure.
Why should Marvel trek be chosen for climbing?
Marvel trek has been providing its clients with excellent and satisfactory services since 1998 at a reasonable price.
Also, the team of Marvel trek has skilled professional climbers who have years of experiences in mountaineering and are familiar with the geography and weather conditions of the mountains.
You can trust them to guide you with proper instructions and full safety without compromising your wish to enjoy the trip.
Marvel trek keeps its client’s satisfaction, safety and comfort as its priorities.
When is Mt.Cho Oyu usually climbed?
Climbing Mt.Cho Oyu isn’t that hard in comparison to other mountains measuring more than 8,000m. It can be easily climbed during spring as well as in autumn. Even though it is less challenging than others, because of its massive height it can’t be taken lightly. It isn’t climbed during winter as the weather becomes more harsh and unpredictable.
How hard is it to climb Mt.Cho Oyu?
Climbing Mt.Cho Oyu isn’t as hard as climbing other mountains. It is the second most climbed mountains among the mountains measuring more than 8,000m and also has the least death rate among all other mountains. So, with proper guidance and support, even fit people with moderate or no experience in mountain climbing can attempt and successfully reach the summit.
How long does it take to climb Mt.Cho Oyu?
Climbing Mt.Cho Oyu might be an adventurous, thrilling and self-refreshing activity yet, its massive height makes it dangerous too so making a rush might not be the best thing to do considering your safety. The overall adventure of climbing Mt.Lhotse takes around 45 days. During these 45 days, about 13 to14 days are needed to reach the base camp while the remaining days are spent in the mountain.
Expedition Equipment List
|Valid Passport||Thin Fleece Gloves (2 Pairs)|
|Credit/Debit Card||Wind Stopper / Screen Tap Gloves (2 Pairs)|
|pP Size Photo (4 Pieces)||Heavy Gloves (Guide Gloves)|
|Insurance Paper And Contact Address||Summit Gloves – 8000m.|
|Foot Wear||Sleeping Bags|
|Summit Boot – 8000m. (Kailas / Lasportiva / Millet )||Sleeping Bag -20OC to -30OC|
|Climbing Boot – 6000m. (Kailas / Lasportiva / Millet)||Down Sleeping Bag -40OC (Extreme Comfort)|
|Normal Socks (5-8 Pairs)||Thermarest Mattress (Cell Foam)|
|Summit Socks/6000 m. Socks (2 Pairs)||Down Mattress (Inflatable)|
|Trekking Shoes (Gore Tex)||Sleeping Bag Liner|
|Light Trekking/Sports Shoes||Inflatable Pillow|
|Camp Booties (1 Pair)||Climbing Equipment|
|Slipper (1 Pair)||Climbing Helmet|
|Upper Body||Summit Down Suit – 8000m.|
|Thermal Top Base Layer (2-3 Pcs)||Ice Axe with Spike & Axe Protector Harness|
|Fleece Jacket (1-2 Pcs)||Belay Devices/ Figure of 8/ ATC Guide Jumar / Ascender|
|Gore Tex Jacket (1 Pcs)||Lock Carabiner (3 Pcs) Unlock Carabiner (2 Pcs) Tape Slings/240 cm|
|Wind Proof Jacket (1-2 Pcs)||Snow Goggle (Summit Purpose, Antifog, Polarized, UV Protection)|
|Down Jacket (1-2 Pcs)||Head Light 500-700 Lumens Spare|
|Cotton T-Shirt (3-5 Pcs)||Battery (Energizer Ultimate Lithium)|
|Lower Body||Satellite Phone With Credit (Optional)|
|Thermal Bottom Base Layer (2-3 Pcs)||Walking Stick/ Trekking Pole|
|Fleece Trouser (1-2 pcs)||Pocket Knife (Swiss)|
|Gore Tex Pant (1 pcs)||Altimeter Watch|
|Light Weight Quick Dry Trekking Pants (2-3 Pairs)||Pee Bottle|
|Gaiters for trekking boots||Power Bank|
|Down Pants (1pcs)||Crampons (Fit with Boot)/Packing Cover|
|Under Wear (4-6 Pcs)||Bag Packs|
|Sun Stuffs||Rucksacks 35 L – 50 L|
|Banana Boat/ Nivea Sun Cream (up to -50 Spf)||Duffle Bag 120 L-150 L (2 Pcs)|
|Lip Guard -30 to -50 (Spf)||Lundry/Garbage Bag (Large)|
|Sun Glasses (Uv Protection)||Water Proof Stuff Sacks/Dry Bag- Small/ Medium/ Large (3-4 Pcs)|
|Glaciers Glasses (Uv Protection)||Medical/First Aid|
|Moisturiser / Lotion||Brufen / Ibuprofens|
|Eating & Drinking||Antibiotic|
|1 Ltr. Water Bottle||Diamox|
|1/ 1.5 Ltr. Thermos||Paracetamol|
|Mug (Opt.)||Handy Plaster|
|Spoon/ Fork (Opt.)||Crack Bandage|
|Bowl (Opt.)||Tincture Iodine|
|Umbrella / Rain Coat||Electrolyte|
|Hot Water Bag||Minil 10mg (Palpitation, anxiety)|
|Camera||Codopar (Headache & chest pain)|
|GPS Tracker (Recommended)||Salbetol 4mg (Breathless)|
|Hand & Toe Warmer||Azithromycin 500mg (chronic tonsillitis, fever, nose, throat infection-must take 5 days)|
|Toiletries (Personal)||Flupen 250mg (prevent wound infection)|
|Toilet Paper / Wet Tissue||Allegra 120/180mg (Allergic tonsil)|
|Towel||Fleece Hat/ Warm Hat (1-2 Pcs)|
|Garbage Bag||Neck Gaiter (2-3 Pcs)|
- The climbers should get themselves tested to make sure they are healthy enough to climb the mountains.
- A visit to the dentist is also recommended as there is a chance of acute dental problems at high altitudes.
- It is also highly recommended that the climbers should have some previous experiences with mountaineering and with high altitudes.
- It is also requested that the climbers should workout a bit months before ascending the mountain.
Payment and cancellation
Policy regarding Payment and Cancellation Payment:
1) To confirm a reservation, a deposit equal to 30% of the total price is required.
2) If the payment is made online, the remaining balance is due 10 days before the Tour, Trekking, Peak Climbing, or Expedition begins. If the payment is made in cash, it can be made after arrival. 3) If the booking is made within 30 days of the expedition beginning, full payment must be made at the time of booking.
1)A full refund of the deposit will be given if a Tour, Trek, Peak Climbing, or Expedition is canceled more than 60 days before the start date.
2)The deposit will not be refunded if a Tour, Trek, Peak Climbing, or Expedition is canceled within 30 days of its start date.
3)A tour, trek, peak climbing, or expedition will not be refunded if it is canceled prior to or on the start date.
4)All participants should strongly consider purchasing travel insurance to cover any unforeseen cancellations or other occurrences.
Note: We reserve the right to modify or cancel any trek in the event of a natural disaster, political unrest, or any other unforeseen circumstances beyond our control. In such cases, a full refund or an alternative option will be provided.
Dates of Trip
April 3, 2023 - May 17, 2023
April 7, 2023 - May 21, 2023
April 9, 2023 - May 23, 2023
April 10, 2023 - May 24, 2023
April 11, 2023 - May 25, 2023
August 28, 2023 - October 11, 2023
August 29, 2023 - October 12, 2023
August 30, 2023 - October 13, 2023
September 1, 2023 - October 15, 2023
September 2, 2023 - October 16, 2023
September 3, 2023 - October 17, 2023
September 4, 2023 - October 18, 2023
September 5, 2023 - October 19, 2023
April 3, 2024 - May 17, 2024
April 7, 2024 - May 21, 2024
April 9, 2024 - May 23, 2024
April 10, 2024 - May 24, 2024
April 11, 2024 - May 25, 2024
August 28, 2024 - October 11, 2024
August 29, 2024 - October 12, 2024
August 30, 2024 - October 11, 2024
September 1, 2024 - October 15, 2024
September 2, 2024 - October 16, 2024
September 3, 2024 - October 17, 2024
September 4, 2024 - October 18, 2024
September 5, 2024 - October 19, 2024
April 3, 2025 - May 17, 2025
April 7, 2025 - May 21, 2025
April 9, 2025 - May 23, 2025
April 10, 2025 - May 24, 2025
April 11, 2025 - May 25, 2025
August 28, 2025 - October 11, 2025
August 29, 2025 - October 12, 2025
August 30, 2025 - October 13, 2025
September 1, 2025 - October 15, 2025
September 2, 2025 - October 16, 2025
September 3, 2025 - October 17, 2025
September 4, 2025 - October 18, 2025
September 5, 2025 - October 19, 2025
Group Discount Prices
Frequently Asked Questions
Price W/O Addons: US$ 15300 per person
Base Camp Service – $4400
- Arrival and Departure: Marvel Treks and Expedition will assist you with Airport (pick up and drop), hotel transfer and sightseeing in and around Kathmandu.
- Hotel Accommodation In Kathmandu: Marvel Treks and Expedition will provide you with a standard hotel (3-star or five-star) in Kathmandu Valley for your stay here.
- Welcome Dinner: We will provide you with a welcome dinner consisting of Authentic Nepali foods which will melt your soul.
- Cargo Clearance: Marvel Treks and Expedition will do International Cargo clearance and deliver the government taxes before the commencement of the expedition.
- Permit: Marvel Treks and Expedition will provide Expedition Royalty and permit of Nepal Government to climb mountain, Sagarmatha National Park entry fee, TIMS CARD & other essential local taxes.
- Khumbu Pollution and Garbage Management System: Our company will provide your permit from Sagarmatha Pollution Control Committee (SPCC) and empty all the charges and clear the garbage on the last day of the expedition. We will also be providing you with the Stool (faeces) management system, shipment system, and garbage disposal system.
- Liaison Officer: Marvel Treks and Expedition will deliver you a Government Liaison officer with full equipment ($2,500), compensation and accommodation.
- Insurance: All the essential Medical & Emergency rescue Insurance for all engaged Nepalese staff throughout the trekking and expedition.
- Map: Marvel Treks and Expedition will offer you all the vital trekking maps and climbing route tracks.
- Member transportation: Marvel Treks and Expedition will provide you with an early flight from Kathmandu – Lukla or while going back Lukla – Kathmandu, as instructed by the itinerary. Then, trek from Lukla to Base Camp and then climb the mountain. But if you are a regular trekker who wishes to climb from Base Camp, we will provide you with a Helicopter ride. You will have a heli tour from Kathmandu to Base Camp directly.
- Expedition Items Transportation: Marvel Treks and Expedition will take you along with all your essential gears in the vehicle with all staff from Kathmandu to Lukla or Lukla to Kathmandu (by air cargo) and Base camp (via Porters/ Pony/ Yak). According to your preference for the itinerary expedition, our staff will take you by a scenic flight from Kathmandu to Lukla or vice versa.
- Member Luggage: The maximum load of 35 kg is the limit for all the personal items of baggage you will carry. More load than that couldn’t be handled by porters or Yak.
- Food and Lodging: Our Company will provide you with three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner; including tea and coffee) along with available accommodation at Hotel/Guest House/Tea house throughout the trek and at the Basecamp. Along with a well-managed system of tents or outdoor living with the help of our staff.
- Porter: Marvel Treks and Expedition will provide you with Porters per individual up to Base camp from Lukla and also vice versa.
- Base Camp Staff: Marvel Treks and Expedition will provide you with professional and expert Base Camp Cooks & kitchen Helpers as per your necessity.
- Staff Salary and allowance: Marvel Treks and Expedition will deliver all the daily wages, salary, equipment, food & clothing for our Nepalese staff and porters.
- Base Camp Tent: Our agency will provide the individual member with a personal North Face tent in Base Camp.
- Base Camp equipment: Marvel Treks and Expedition will provide you with foam mattresses and pillows per member, one dining Tent, one Kitchen Tent, one Communication tent, one Toilet and one Shower Tent, one Staffs Tent, one Tent for Nepalese base camp staff, Store tent, Tables, chairs and all the essential cooking gears.
- Solar/Generator/Inverter: Marvel Treks and Expedition will offer you one Solar panel and Generator for lights at base camp, and a battery charger for your electronic devices.
- Marvel Treks and Expedition will provide an Extensive Medical kit for members, Sherpas and staff.
- Certificate: Marvel Travels and Treks will provide you with an accomplishment certificate issued by MoCTCA and Marvel Treks and Expedition itself (after climbing Mountain successfully).
- Miscellaneous ($30)
**Note: All expedition trekking gears and equipment borrowed from Marvel Treks and Expedition should be returned after the expedition.
- Air Fare: Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be providing International flight airfare (from and to Kathmandu).
- Nepal entry Visa fee: Marvel Treks won’t be providing Nepali Visa fees.
- Lunch & Dinner: Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be providing Lunch & dinner throughout your stay in Kathmandu (also in the issue of early return from Trekking /Expedition that is not scheduled in the itinerary)
- Extra night in Kathmandu: Our company won’t provide all the extra night accommodation in Kathmandu.
- Insurance: Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for Expedition and high-altitude insurance, calamity, medical & emergency evacuation.
- Rescue Evacuation: Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation cost (if required). (Rescue, Medication, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenditures.)
- Personal Expenses: All Personal Expenses like Telephone Calls, Internet, Toiletries, battery recharge, hot shower, laundry, soft beverages, beers and any Alcoholic drinks etc won’t be under Marvel Treks and Expedition.
- Toiletries: All Personal hygiene products like Soaps, shampoos, toilet and tissue papers, toothpaste, etc won’t be provided by Marvel Treks and Expedition
- Filming: Marvel Treks and Expedition doesn’t include all the Special Filming, Camera and Drone permit/entry fees.
- Internet Service: Marvel Treks and Travels won’t be including any Internet Facilities during the trek.
- High Altitude Climbing Sherpa: We won’t provide you the Government licensed trekking expert, experienced and once-climbed Sherpas to assist you while climbing.
- Climbing Sherpa Salary & Allowance: Marvel Treks and Travels will not be responsible for the trekking Sherpa Salary, trekking gear, Food and Clothing.
- Oxygen Bottle (O2): Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be supplying an Oxygen cylinder: 3 oxygen bottles (2.5 litres.) per trekker and 2 oxygen bottles for individual high-summit Sherpa.
- Oxygen Mask & Regulator: Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t provide you with a set of High Altitude Oxygen masks for each member and high-altitude Sherpa.
- High camp service: Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be providing you with a high altitude tent, Necessary cooking EPI gas, a cooking pot for a member.
- A Satellite Phone: Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t provide you with a Satellite Phone for emergency contact held by Sherpa.
- Walkie-Talkie: Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t provide you with a Walkie–Talkie for intercommunicating from Base Camp to Mountain and vice versa.
- Permit: Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t provide you with a satellite Phone/walkie-talkie permit for all associates and staff.
- Rope Fixing: Marvel Treks and Travels won’t be including all the essential costs of using fixed rope during the expedition
- Summit Bonus: Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for bonus for climbing experienced Sherpa- Minimum 2500 USD.
- Tips: Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be conversing with any tips for Basecamp staff. Please be generous to our staff who helped you.
- Extra: Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for any other services or actions, which are not noted in the itinerary.
- We won’t be taking responsibility for any other activities or items that are not listed in the “Cost Includes” Section.