Marimoto Base camp and Ganjala pass
Marimoto Base camp and Ganjala pass Overview
The Marimootoo Base Camp trek is a popular trek in the Himalayas of Nepal that takes hikers to the base camp of Marimootoo, a mountain peak in the Annapurna region. The trek typically starts in the town of Pokhara and follows the Modi Khola river through the Annapurna Conservation Area. The trail passes through several villages, including Ghandruk and Chomrong, and offers stunning views of the Annapurna mountain range. Along the way, hikers have the opportunity to experience the local culture and interact with the friendly Gurung people who live in the region. The trek culminates at the base camp of Marimootoo, which is located at an altitude of around 4,100 meters (13,500 feet). From there, hikers can enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding peaks and glaciers.
Highlights of Marimoto Base camp and Ganjala pass
Here are some additional highlights of the Marimmo Base Camp Trek and the Ganjala Pass:
- The chance to visit the Rolwaling Monastery, which is located near the base camp of Mt. Marimmo and is an important site for Buddhists.
- The opportunity to visit the Tsho Rolpa Glacier, which is the largest glacial lake in Nepal and is located near the base camp of Mt. Marimmo.
- Hiking through the beautiful Rolwaling valley, which is home to a variety of flora and fauna, including rhododendrons, oak trees, and Himalayan black bears.
- The chance to visit the Gaurishankar Conservation Area, which is located near the base camp of Mt. Marimmo and is home to a variety of endangered species, including the snow leopard and the red panda.
- The opportunity to visit the Beding Monastery, which is located near the start of the trek and is an important site for Buddhists.
- The chance to cross the Ganjala Pass, which is a challenging but rewarding experience that offers stunning views of the surrounding peaks and valleys.
Overall, the Marimmo Base Camp Trek and the Ganjala Pass offer a unique and rewarding trekking experience that combines natural beauty, cultural immersion, and physical challenge.
- Day 01 Arrive Kathmandu (1350m.) and Transfer to Hotel, Welcome Dinner O/N hotel (D)
- Day 02 Final prepration of the trekking O/N hotel (D)
- Day 03 Drive – Dunche (1960m.) – Syabrubesi (8 hrs.) (1460m.) O/N lodge (B L D )
- Day 04 Syabrubensi – Lama Hotel (5 hrs.) (2470m.) O/N lodge (B L D )
- Day 05 Lama Hotel -Langtang Valley (5.30 hrs.) (3430m.) O/N lodge (B L D )
- Day 06 Langtang valley to Kyanjing Gompa (4 hrs.) (3870m.) O/N lodge (B L D )
- Day 07 Kyanjing Gompa to Langshisa Kharka and O/N (7 hrs.) (4080m.) O/N camp (B L D )
- Day 08 Langshisa Kharka to Pemdang Khurpu (4355m.) (5 hrs.) O/N camp (B L D )
- Day 09 Pemdang Khurpu to Marimoto Base camp (7 hrs.) (4780m.) O/N camp (B L D )
- Day 10 Marimoto Base camp to Langshisa Kharka (8 hrs.) (4080 m.) O/N camp (B L D )
- Day 11 Langshisa Kharka to Kyanjing Gompa (5 hrs.) (3870 m.) O/N camp (B L D )
- Day 12 Kyanjing Gompa to Kharka ( 4.30 hrs.) (4800 m.) O/N camp (B L D
- Day 13 Kharka to High camp (4 hrs.) (5393m.) O/N camp (B L D)
- Day 14 High camp to Cross the pass and trek to Kharka (6 hrs.) (4390m.) O/N camp (B L D)
- Day 15 Kharka to Tarkeghyang (8 hrs.) (2600m.) O/N camp (B L D)
- Day 16 Tarkeghyang to Sermathang (7 hrs.) (2590m.) O/N camp (B L D)
- Day 17 Sermathang to Malamchi (6 hrs.) (870m.) O/N camp (B L D)
- Day 18 Melamchi to Kathmandu (4 hrs.) O/N hotel (B L )
- Day 19 Kathmandu free Farewell dinner in the evening O/N hotel (B D)
- Day 20 An official end of the trip and drop to Airport
Highpass Equipment List
|Woolen t shirts/shirts/thick sweaters.||Backpack/Duffle bag|
|Jackets (Fiber or down).||Passport size photographs|
|Raincoat||Permit and travel insurance|
|Pair of sandals||Suns cream and lip balm|
|Trekking trousers||Wash kit|
|Sleeping trousers||First aid kit :|
|Hiking shorts||Power bank|
|Water proof pants||Summer/winter hat|
|Sleeping bag/Sleeping bag liner||Water bottles and water purifier|
|Hiking boots||Trekking poles|
|Gloves and beanies||Camera|
|Snow glasses and sunglasses||trekking map|
|Neck gaiter:||Water purification|
|Sun hat/woolen hat:||Water bottles|
Payment and cancellation
Policy regarding Payment and Cancellation Payment:
1) To confirm a reservation, a deposit equal to 30% of the total price is required.
2) If the payment is made online, the remaining balance is due 10 days before the Tour, Trekking, Peak Climbing, or Expedition begins. If the payment is made in cash, it can be made after arrival. 3) If the booking is made within 30 days of the expedition beginning, full payment must be made at the time of booking.
1)A full refund of the deposit will be given if a Tour, Trek, Peak Climbing, or Expedition is canceled more than 60 days before the start date.
2)The deposit will not be refunded if a Tour, Trek, Peak Climbing, or Expedition is canceled within 30 days of its start date.
3)A tour, trek, peak climbing, or expedition will not be refunded if it is canceled prior to or on the start date.
4)All participants should strongly consider purchasing travel insurance to cover any unforeseen cancellations or other occurrences.
Note: We reserve the right to modify or cancel any trek in the event of a natural disaster, political unrest, or any other unforeseen circumstances beyond our control. In such cases, a full refund or an alternative option will be provided.
Dates of Trip
Group Discount Prices
Price W/O Addons: US$ 780 per person
- A detailed certificate from Marvel Treks and Expedition (after accomplishment)
- A complimentary raincoat to shed you during the rainy season. (returnable)
- A Complimentary Duffel Bag throughout the trek from our company. (returnable)
- A warm complimentary Down Jacket during the entire trek on behalf of Marvel Treks. (returnable)
- A complimentary sleeping bag for your icy trek. (returnable)
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner throughout the trek.
- The essential climbing gear like mountain axe, trekking sticks, etc, for your need throughout the trek. (returnable)
- Delightful complimentary Authentic Nepali cuisine as dinner to embark on your arrival and departure
- Critical complimentary First Aid Service (in times of need)
- An informative trekking map for you to cherish on behalf of our company
- Trendy Sunhat and t-shirt as souvenirs on behalf of Marvel Treks and Expedition.
- All the crucial services about airport transfer to and from the hotel via a private tourist vehicle ($40)
- 2 nights accommodation in a Kathmandu (Kathmandu hotel or similar) ($40)
- TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management Systems )($10)
- National park entry fees / ACAP permits / Conservation entry fees. ( $30)
- All essential local tax, and office service charges. Gov tax ($100 )
- Guide Service($560)
- Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for all the Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Extra nights in any city that’s not accommodated in the itinerary of Marvel Treks and Expedition.
- All the International flight checks and airfares.
- Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for alcoholic/ non-alcoholic liquors.
- Additional porter fees along with tips of guides and porters.
- Electronic gadgets like chargers, headphones.
- Individual costs like a hot shower, phone calls, laundry, souvenirs.
- Travel coverage and emergency evacuations.
- Tips for our staff’s drivers.
Marimoto Base camp and Ganjala pass