Kapuche lake Overview
this lake lies at the elevation of 2450m, in Annapurnaregion, being one of the lowest glacier lake in world. Kapuche Lake lies inKaski district, Mardi Rural Municipality and is a basic water source for Madi River. The name is literally the combination of 3 different words giving3different meaning. “ka” means ice/snow, “pu” means breaking down, and“che” means plain land. So basically the name is “snowbreakinginplainland”. Kapuche Lake which is separated into 400mlength, 300minwidthand 50m in depth receives water from melting snow of Mt AnnapurnaandLangtang Himal. Even though this lake is not so far and consideredasshort trek you will definitely get to see local gurung and tamangcultureand traditions, high mountain ranges, different species of birds, greenforest, also avalanche falling into the lake, and yes the KapucheLakeitself. This lake is newly discovered and that is why this place is peaceful andless crowded.
This is a standard route from Kathmandu to Kapuche. You can finishthistrek in 5-6 days until you want to stay overnights in all places. Dependingon the number of days, mode of transportation, food and accommodationthe price can be around 7000-10,000 NRS.
Highlights of Kapuche lake
Best season to go
You can do Kapuche Lake Trek at any time of the year but the best seasonto trek is spring (March- May) and autumn (September- November). During this season the temperature is very favorable and you canseeclear view of mountains, green forest and vegetation. Monsoonandwinter season is comparatively risky because of heavy rainfall. The temperaturemight be mildly cold especially at night.
Travel insurance- you can always purchase your own travel insurance. Itusually cost around 150$(15000 NRS) good for 30 days. It is important tomention or cover high altitudes since trekkers sometime really needstobe evacuated from helicopter. But since there is no such high altitudesinthis trek but still you need to know travel Insurance depends onthedetails you have provided that’s why it’s important to notify themearlierabout the altitudes you will be reaching. Visas/ passports – foreigners other than Indians need to have validvisasand passports prior to visiting Nepal. The passport must hold minimum6months of visa validity from their date of arrival. They can have theNepalese visa at Kathmandu airport.
Trekking Equipment List
|Woolen t shirts/shirts/thick sweaters.||Backpack/Duffle bag|
|Jackets (Fiber or down)||Passport size photographs|
|Raincoat||Permit and travel insurance|
|Pair of sandals||Suns cream and lip balm|
|Trekking trousers||Wash kit|
|Sleeping trousers||First aid kit|
|Hiking shorts||Power bank|
|Water proof pants||Summer/winter hat|
|Sleeping bag/Sleeping bag liner||Water bottles and water purifier|
|Hiking boots||Trekking poles|
|Gloves and beanies||Camera|
|Snow glasses and sunglasses||trekking map|
|Neck gaiter||Water purification|
|Sun hat/woolen hat||Water bottle|
Payment and cancellation
Policy regarding Payment and Cancellation Payment:
1) To confirm a reservation, a deposit equal to 30% of the total price is required.
2) If the payment is made online, the remaining balance is due 10 days before the Tour, Trekking, Peak Climbing, or Expedition begins. If the payment is made in cash, it can be made after arrival. 3) If the booking is made within 30 days of the expedition beginning, full payment must be made at the time of booking.
1)A full refund of the deposit will be given if a Tour, Trek, Peak Climbing, or Expedition is canceled more than 60 days before the start date.
2)The deposit will not be refunded if a Tour, Trek, Peak Climbing, or Expedition is canceled within 30 days of its start date.
3)A tour, trek, peak climbing, or expedition will not be refunded if it is canceled prior to or on the start date.
4)All participants should strongly consider purchasing travel insurance to cover any unforeseen cancellations or other occurrences.
Note: We reserve the right to modify or cancel any trek in the event of a natural disaster, political unrest, or any other unforeseen circumstances beyond our control. In such cases, a full refund or an alternative option will be provided.
Dates of Trip
Group Discount Prices
Frequently Asked Questions
Price W/O Addons: US$ 440 per person
- A detailed certificate from Marvel Treks and Expedition (after accomplishment)
- A complimentary raincoat to shed you during the rainy season.(returnable)
- A Complimentary Duffel Bag throughout the trek from our company. (returnable)
- A warm complimentary Down Jacket during the entire trek on behalf of Marvel Treks. (returnable)
- A complimentary sleeping bag for your icy trek. (returnable)
- The essential climbing gear like mountain axe, trekking sticks, etc, for your need throughout the trek. (returnable)
- Delightful complimentary Authentic Nepali cuisine as dinner to embark on your arrival and departure
- Critical complimentary First Aid Service (in times of need)
- An informative trekking map for you to cherish on behalf of our company
- Trendy Sunhat and t-shirt as souvenirs on behalf of Marvel Treks and Expedition.
- All the crucial services about airport transfer to and from the hotel via a private tourist vehicle ($40)
- TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management Systems )($10)
- National park entry fees / ACAP permits / Conservation entry fees. ( $30)
- All essential local tax and, office service charges Gov tax ($100 )
- Miscellaneous ($40)
- 2 nights accommodation in a Kathmandu (Kathmandu hotel or similar) ($40)
- 2 nights accommodation in a Kathmandu (Center lake hotel or similar)($40)
- Porter Guide ($100)
- Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for all the Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Extra nights in any city that’s not accommodated in the itinerary of Marvel Treks and Expedition.
- All the International flight checks and airfares.
- Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for alcoholic/ non-alcoholic liquors.
- Additional porter fees along with tips for guides and porters.
- Electronic gadgets like chargers, and headphones.
- Individual costs like a hot shower, phone calls, laundry, and souvenirs.
- Travel coverage and emergency evacuations.
- Tips for our staff’s drivers.