Ruby Valley Trek
Ruby Valley Trek Overview
Ruby valley is relatively a short, less explored yet very beautiful tourist destination. It lies at the base of Ganesh Himal, in between Langtang National Park and Manaslu Conservation Area. The highest altitude reached in this trek is 3850m, (Pangsang La). From here, stunning views of Lamjung Himal, Langtang Lirung, Manaslu, etc are visible. Besides the beautiful view of snow-capped mountains, the trail to Ruby valley comprises hundreds of rare flora and faunas. Many endangered animals like musk deer, snow leopard, wild boar, etc are found here.
Tamang, Chhetri, and Gurung people populate the Ruby Valley. hence, you also get to experience the amazing hospitality and cultures of these people. Ruby valley got its name after the rare minerals available here like crystals, Zinc, and Ruby. Ruby valley is also home to 3 beautiful and holy lakes named Kalo Kunda, Seto Kunda, and Ganesh Kunda along with a number of monasteries, and temples. The trail to Ruby valley also passes through two amazing waterfalls named Ganga and Jamuna. Basically, the trek to Ruby valley is a combination of nature, diverse culture, and holy sites.
This Ruby Valley Trek takes you around 15-16 days if you take proper rest and take day off. This route might cost you 600-800$ depending on your mode of transportation, food, accommodation, and travel days.
Highlights of Ruby Valley Trek
- Experience Tamang and Gurung culture.
- Diverse flora and Fauna of Langtang National Park and Manaslu Conservation Area.
- Close-up view of Ganesh Himal Range and Annapurna range.
- Pass through the Langtang valley and Ganga Jamuna waterfall.
- Day 1- Kathmandu- Shyabrubesi, (8-9 hours drive)
- Day 2- Shyabrubesi-Chawatar-Gatlang,(5-6 hours walk)
- Day 3- Gatlang-Parvati Kunda-Yuri Kharka-Somdang,(6-7 hours walk)
- Day 4- Somdang-Pangsang La (5-6 hours walk)
- Day 5- Pangsang La-Tipling-Chalish,(5-6 hours walk)
- Day 6- Chalish-Hingdung-Neber gaon, (6 hours walk)
- Day 7- Neber Gaon-Kupchyat, (5 hours walk)
- Day 8- Kupchyat-Khading-Lapa Gaon, (4-5 hours walk)
- Day 9- Jharlang-Kuri-Kaniyabas, (7-8 hours walk)
- Day 10- Kaniyabas-Kathmandu, (6-7 hours drive)
Difficulties of Ruby valley
The Ruby valley trek is very remote with rugged trails and steep roads. Even though it is relatively short it can be very tiring. Thus, the trek to Ruby valley is considered challenging. You will be trekking for 6-7 hours per day which requires an excellent level of fitness. Physical, as well as mental fitness, is a very important part of this trek. It is important to build muscle, ankle, and knee strength so that you do not have any problems during the journey. Is better to exercise, run, jog, and have healthy food before your journey starts. The highest altitude here is Pangsang la (3850m). There is also a risk of altitude sickness in this trek. Even though you will have opportunities for good acclimatization, there is still a low risk of altitude sickness.
Symptoms of Mountain sickness
- Loss of appetite
- Shortness of breath
- Fast heartbeats
Preventing mountain sickness
- Walk slow
- Stay hydrated
- Have nutritional food
- Have enough rest
- Avoid smoking and alcohol
Medicines for mountain sickness
- Ibuprofen, paracetamol (for headache)
- Promethazine (for nausea)
Trekking Equipment List
|Woolen t shirts/shirts/thick sweaters.||Backpack/Duffle bag|
|Jackets (Fiber or down)||Passport size photographs|
|Raincoat||Permit and travel insurance|
|Pair of sandals||Suns cream and lip balm|
|Trekking trousers||Wash kit|
|Sleeping trousers||First aid kit|
|Hiking shorts||Power bank|
|Water proof pants||Summer/winter hat|
|Sleeping bag/Sleeping bag liner||Water bottles and water purifier|
|Hiking boots||Trekking poles|
|Gloves and beanies||Camera|
|Snow glasses and sunglasses||trekking map|
|Neck gaiter||Water purification|
|Sun hat/woolen hat||Water bottles|
Travel insurance- Trekking to high altitudes can always be risky. Travel Insurance is something you might want to do before trekking anywhere. Sometimes in emergency cases, people need to be evacuated through a helicopter and get medical service. So, in such cases, your travel insurance will be bearing the cost for you.
Seeing all these benefits, the government of Nepal has made travel insurance mandatory thing before trekking. However, it is very important to mention the heights and all the places you will be reaching during your trek. Your insurance entirely depends on the details you have provided earlier. Travel insurance costs you around 150$ which is good for 1 month.
Visas/passports- If you are not a Nepalese or Indian citizen, then a visa and a passport are mandatory. You can get your Nepalese Visa at Tribhuvan airport in Kathmandu. The passport must hold a visa of a minimum of 6 months.
Payment and Cancellation
Policy regarding Payment and Cancellation Payment:
1) To confirm a reservation, a deposit equal to 30% of the total price is required.
2) If the payment is made online, the remaining balance is due 10 days before the Tour, Trekking, Peak Climbing, or Expedition begins. If the payment is made in cash, it can be made after arrival. 3) If the booking is made within 30 days of the expedition beginning, full payment must be made at the time of booking.
1)A full refund of the deposit will be given if a Tour, Trek, Peak Climbing, or Expedition is canceled more than 60 days before the start date.
2)The deposit will not be refunded if a Tour, Trek, Peak Climbing, or Expedition is canceled within 30 days of its start date.
3)A tour, trek, peak climbing, or expedition will not be refunded if it is canceled prior to or on the start date.
4)All participants should strongly consider purchasing travel insurance to cover any unforeseen cancellations or other occurrences.
Note: We reserve the right to modify or cancel any trek in the event of a natural disaster, political unrest, or any other unforeseen circumstances beyond our control. In such cases, a full refund or an alternative option will be provided.
Dates of Trip
Group Discount Prices
Frequently Asked Questions
Price W/O Addons: US$ 645 per person
- A detailed certificate from Marvel Treks and Expedition (after accomplishment)
- Trendy Sunhat and t-shirt as souvenirs on behalf of Marvel Treks and Expedition.
- A complimentary raincoat to shed you during the rainy season.
- A Complimentary Duffel Bag throughout the trek from our company. (returnable)
- A warm complimentary Down Jacket during the entire trek on behalf of Marvel Treks. (returnable)
- A complimentary sleeping bag for your icy trek. (returnable)
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner throughout the trek.
- The essential climbing gears like mountain axe, trekking sticks etc, for your need throughout the trek. (returnable)
- Delightful complimentary Authentic Nepali cuisine as dinner to embark on your arrival and departure
- Critical complimentary First Aid Service (in times of need)
- An informative trekking map for you to cherish on behalf of our company
- All the crucial services about airport transfer to and from the hotel via a private tourist vehicle ($40)
- TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management Systems )($10)
- National park entry fees / ACAP permits / Conservation entry fees. ( $30)
- All essential local tax and Gov tax ($130 )
- All the required office service charges. ($200)
- Essential Medical supplies and first aid equipment will be provided.
- Special Permit ($35)
- Miscellaneous ($10)
- Porter Guide ($400)
- Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for all the Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Extra nights in any city that’s not accommodated in the itinerary of Marvel Treks and Expedition.
- All the International flight checks and airfares.
- Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for alcoholic/ non-alcoholic liquors.
- Additional porter fees along with tips of guides and porters.
- Electronic gadgets like chargers, headphones.
- Individual costs like a hot shower, phone calls, laundry, souvenirs.
- Travel coverage and emergency evacuations.
- Tips for our staff’s drivers.
Ruby Valley Trek