Manaslu Circuit with Tsum Valley Trek
Manaslu Circuit with Tsum Valley Trek Overview
Manaslu circuit trek with the hidden valley of Tsum is a long yet beautiful trek. It is a thrilling and adventurous journey that begins by following the banks of Budhi Gandaki and takes us through the trail of Mount Manaslu. “Mountain Of Soul” also known as mount Manaslu lies at the height of 8163m. Mount Manaslu is the 8th highest mountain peak in the world and is really an adventurous spot. It lies in the mid-western part of Nepal, in between the Ganesh Himal and Annapurna Himalayan ranges. Mount Manaslu basically lies between Nepal and Tibet. Japanese mountaineer Tosio Lmanishi along with Nepalese Gyalzen Norbu was the first person to climb Mount Manaslu.
The trekking route of Manaslu base camp was publicly opened in 1992. And the Tsum valley much later, since then people have been great discovering this place. The base camp of Manaslu lies at 4800m, giving us the scenic view and insights of rudimental rural civilization that typically represents the Tibetan lifestyle. Tsum valley itself has the people, culture, and lifestyle that is very closely related to that of Tibet. On the trekking part of Tsum valley, the routes are over the height of 3000m including the high pass, Larkya La at 5160m. Crossing the Larkya La is very challenging since it’s a frozen pass and often requires ropes and ice axes. Manaslu Circuit with Tsum Valley Trek provides the best view of Mount Manaslu, Himlung Himal, Ganesh Himal, Larke peak, and Annapurna. This trek allows us to experience the Tibetan lifestyle very closely, along with many Buddhist and monks.
This route takes around 24/25 days with proper rest and few days off. It cost around 2000$ for this trek including transportation, food, accommodation, clothing, insurance etc.
Highlights of Manaslu Circuit with Tsum Valley Trek
- Amazing view of Ganesh Himal, Manaslu, Larke peak, etc.
- Cross one of the highest and challenging passes, Larkya la.
- Witness the diverse flora and fauna of the Manaslu Conservation Area.
- Get to see the Tibetan culture very closely and know about their lifestyle.
- Explore many monasteries, stupas, Gompas, and prayer walls.
- Day 1: Kathmandu to Soti Khola (7-8 hours)
- Day 2: Soti Khola to Machhekhola ,( 5 hours walk)
- Day 3: Machhakhola to Jagat (7 hours walk)
- Day 4: Jagat to Lokpa (6-7 hours walk)
- Day 5: Lokpa to Chumling (5 hours walk)
- Day 6: Chumling to Chhokangparo (4-5 hours walk)
- Day 7: Chhokangparo to Mu Gumpa ( 6 hours walk)
- Day 8: Mu Gumpa to Chhokangparo (5 hours walk)
- Day 9: Chhokangparo to Gumpa Lungdang (7 hours walk)
- Day 10: Gumpa Lungdang to Ganesh Himal Base Camp 4900m then back to Gumpa Lungdang (8-9 hours walk)
- Day 11: Gumpa Lungdang to Ripchet (4 hours walk)
- Day 12: Ripchet to Deng (6 hours walk)
- Day 13: Deng to Namrung (7 hours walk)
- Day 14: Namrung to Sama (7 hours walk)
- Day 15: Sama to Samdo (3 hours walk)
- Day 16: Samdo to Dharmasala (5 hours)
- Day 17: Dharmasala to Larke La, then descend to Bhimthang (8 hours walk)
- Day 18: Bhimthang to Dharapani (8 hours walk)
- Day 19: Drive back to Kathmandu/Pokhara (9/10 hours drive)
Difficulties and safety
Manaslu with Tsum valley is a sort of remote area, trekking to this place can be slightly challenging. This is a moderately difficult trek. However, the level of difficulty entirely depends on your physical and mental fitness. But you can build your muscle strength, make your body flexible by practicing some light exercise, running, and jogging. The trek to the Manaslu circuit with Tsum valley is all about walking 5-6 hours per day for at least 25 days. This reason solely is enough to make this trek challenging. The trails are rugged, steep, may be snowy in off-seasons. The maximum height in this trek is Larkya La (5160m) with other high passes on the way. There is a high risk of mountain sickness. You need proper acclimatization and itinerary for this trek.
Symptoms of Mountain sickness
- Loss of appetite
- Shortness of breath
- Fast heartbeats
Preventing mountain sickness
- Walk slow
- Stay hydrated
- Have nutritional food
- Have enough rest
- Avoid smoking and alcohol
Medicines for mountain sickness
- Ibuprofen, paracetamol (for headache)
- Promethazine (for nausea)
Trekking Equipment List
|Woolen t shirts/shirts/thick sweaters.||Backpack/Duffle bag|
|Jackets (Fiber or down)||Passport size photographs|
|Raincoat||Permit and travel insurance|
|Pair of sandals||Suns cream and lip balm|
|Trekking trousers||Wash kit|
|Sleeping trousers||First aid kit|
|Hiking shorts||Power bank|
|Water proof pants||Summer/winter hat|
|Sleeping bag/Sleeping bag liner||Water bottles and water purifier|
|Hiking boots||Trekking poles|
|Gloves and beanies||Camera|
|Snow glasses and sunglasses||trekking map|
|Neck gaiter||Water purification|
|Sun hat/woolen hat||Water bottles|
Travel insurance- Trekking to high altitudes can always be risky. Travel Insurance is something you might want to do before trekking anywhere. Sometimes in emergency cases, people need to be evacuated through a helicopter and get medical service. So, in such cases, your travel insurance will be bearing the cost for you.
Seeing all these benefits, the government of Nepal has made travel insurance mandatory thing before trekking. However, it is very important to mention the heights and all the places you will be reaching during your trek. Your insurance entirely depends on the details you have provided earlier. Travel insurance costs you around 150$ which is good for 1 month.
Visas/passports- If you are not a Nepalese or Indian citizen, then a visa and a passport are mandatory. You can get your Nepalese Visa at Tribhuvan airport in Kathmandu. The passport must hold a visa of a minimum of 6 months.
Payment and Cancellation
Policy regarding Payment and Cancellation Payment:
1) To confirm a reservation, a deposit equal to 30% of the total price is required.
2) If the payment is made online, the remaining balance is due 10 days before the Tour, Trekking, Peak Climbing, or Expedition begins. If the payment is made in cash, it can be made after arrival. 3) If the booking is made within 30 days of the expedition beginning, full payment must be made at the time of booking.
1)A full refund of the deposit will be given if a Tour, Trek, Peak Climbing, or Expedition is canceled more than 60 days before the start date.
2)The deposit will not be refunded if a Tour, Trek, Peak Climbing, or Expedition is canceled within 30 days of its start date.
3)A tour, trek, peak climbing, or expedition will not be refunded if it is canceled prior to or on the start date.
4)All participants should strongly consider purchasing travel insurance to cover any unforeseen cancellations or other occurrences.
Note: We reserve the right to modify or cancel any trek in the event of a natural disaster, political unrest, or any other unforeseen circumstances beyond our control. In such cases, a full refund or an alternative option will be provided.
Dates of Trip
Group Discount Prices
Frequently Asked Questions
Price W/O Addons: US$ 2190 per person
- A detailed certificate from Marvel Treks and Expedition (after accomplishment)
- Trendy Sunhat and t-shirt as souvenirs on behalf of Marvel Treks and Expedition.
- A complimentary raincoat to shed you during the rainy season.
- A Complimentary Duffel Bag throughout the trek from our company. (returnable)
- A warm complimentary Down Jacket during the entire trek on behalf of Marvel Treks. (returnable)
- A complimentary sleeping bag for your icy trek. (returnable)
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner throughout the trek.
- The essential climbing gears like mountain axe, trekking sticks etc, for your need throughout the trek. (returnable)
- Delightful complimentary Authentic Nepali cuisine as dinner to embark on your arrival and departure
- Critical complimentary First Aid Service (in times of need)
- An informative trekking map for you to cherish on behalf of our company
- All the crucial services about airport transfer to and from the hotel via a private tourist vehicle ($40)
- TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management Systems )($10)
- National park entry fees / ACAP permits / Conservation entry fees. ( $30)
- All essential local tax and Gov tax ($130 )
- All the required office service charges. ($200)
- Essential Medical supplies and first aid equipment will be provided.
- From September to November per week per person US$ 70. After 7 days per day per
person US$ 35. Special Permit ($105)
- Miscellaneous ($20)
- Porter Guide ($
- Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for all the Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Extra nights in any city that’s not accommodated in the itinerary of Marvel Treks and Expedition.
- All the International flight checks and airfares.
- Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for alcoholic/ non-alcoholic liquors.
- Additional porter fees along with tips of guides and porters.
- Electronic gadgets like chargers, headphones.
- Individual costs like a hot shower, phone calls, laundry, souvenirs.
- Travel coverage and emergency evacuations.
- Tips for our staff’s drivers.
Manaslu Circuit with Tsum Valley Trek