Api Base camp Trek
Hotel, Tea House
Api Base camp Trek Overview
Mount Api is the highest mountain peak in the Far western region of Nepal which stands at an elevation of 7132m. Api Base Camp Trek is located in the northwest corner of Nepal in the Humla district. It is a quite long and highly protected area. Api Nampa Conservation Area itself is a home to many endangered animals like red panda, musk deer, snow leopard, blue sheep, and Himalayan Tahr along with lots of other flora and fauna. The Conservation Area is protecting the Api mountain.
Api Base camp Trek is much more than just mountain view. The trek also offers steep gorges, Mahakali valley, subtropical to alpine forest and vegetation, grasslands, waterfalls, lakes, Streams and so much more. This part of the trek also contributes to the beauty of this trekking. Here, you can also see different ethnic groups like Jhakari, Lohar, Thekare, Brahmins, and Chhetri. They are still very traditional and proudly follow a traditional lifestyle. This is an isolated area and very few travelers have discovered this amazing piece of travel destination as of now. Api base camp is not much explored by people but is definitely a deserving place.
This route might take you around 17-18 days and cost you around 300- 350$.
Highlights of Api Base camp Trek
The Api Base Camp Trek is a challenging and strenuous trek that takes you through some of the most stunning and remote areas of the Himalayas in Nepal. Here are some highlights of this trek:
- Stunning mountain views:
- The Api Base Camp Trek offers breathtaking views of some of the highest peaks in the world, including Mount Everest, Lhotse, and Cho Oyu. You will also get to see other impressive peaks such as Gauri Shankar, Melungtse, and Menlungtse.
- Cultural experiences:
- The trek takes you through traditional Tibetan Buddhist villages and offers the opportunity to interact with the local Sherpa people and learn about their way of life.
- Off the beaten path:
- The Api Base Camp Trek is less crowded than some of the more popular trekking routes in Nepal, making it a great option for those who prefer to experience the beauty of the region in a more peaceful and secluded setting.
- High-altitude passes:
- The trek involves crossing several high-altitude passes, including Tashi Lapcha Pass (5,755 meters) and Rolwaling La Pass (5,220 meters), which offer spectacular views of the surrounding mountain ranges.
- Diverse landscape:
- The trek takes you through a variety of landscapes, including lush forests, alpine meadows, and high-altitude glaciers. You will also have the opportunity to visit holy lakes and monasteries along the way.
- Unique flora and fauna:
- The Api Himal massif is home to a variety of unique flora and fauna, including rare species of plants and animals that are found nowhere else in the world.
- Adventure and exploration:
- The Api Base Camp Trek is a journey of adventure and exploration, as you venture into the high mountains and test your limits in a harsh and challenging environment. The highlight of the trek is the visit to the base camp of Api Peak, which is located at an elevation of 4,985 meters. From the base camp, you can enjoy stunning views of the surrounding landscape and get a glimpse of the challenges that await you on the climb to the summit of Api Peak.
- Day 1: Arrival at Kathmandu
- Day 02: Kathmandu- Dhangadi 1 hour flight
- Day 03: Dhangadi- Gokuleshwor 8 hours’ drive
- Day 04: Gokuleshwor – Latinath 1.5 hours’ drive
- Day 05: Latinath-Makarigaad 5 hours walk
- Day 06: Makarigaad- Seti 6-7 hours walk
- Day 07: Seti- Domal 6-7 hours walk
- Day 08: Domal- Lower Api base camp 6 hours walk
- Day 09: Lower Base camp – Api base camp 3 hours walk
- Day 10: Api base camp- Seti 7-8 hours walk
- Day 11: Seti- Makarigaad 6 hours walk
- Day 12: Makarigaad- Latinath 4 hours walk
- Day 13: Latinath- Gokuleshwor 2 hours’ drive
- Day 14: Gokuleshwor - Dhangadi - Kathmandu
Trekking Equipment List
|Woolen t shirts/shirts/thick sweaters.||Backpack/Duffle bag|
|Jackets (Fiber or down)||Passport size photographs|
|Raincoat||Permit and travel insurance|
|Pair of sandals||Suns cream and lip balm|
|Trekking trousers||Wash kit|
|Sleeping trousers||First aid kit|
|Hiking shorts||Power bank|
|Water proof pants||Summer/winter hat|
|Sleeping bag/Sleeping bag liner||Water bottles and water purifier|
|Hiking boots||Trekking poles|
|Gloves and beanies||Camera|
|Snow glasses and sunglasses||trekking map|
|Neck gaiter||Water purification|
|Sun hat/woolen hat||Water bottles|
Travel insurance– travel insurance is really very important part of trekking. You always need a travel insurance especially when you are traveling to this kind of risky, high places. If ever you need any medical emergencies your travel insurance will be bearing it for you. It is important to mention all the places and altitudes you will be reaching, to your insurance company so that you do not have any problem later.
Visa/ passport- it is mandatory for every foreigners to have visa and valid passport to enter Nepal. Only Indian citizen are not required to have visa
for visiting Nepal. You can get your Nepalese visa at Tribhuwan International airport, Kathmandu.
Payment and Cancellation
Policy regarding Payment and Cancellation Payment:
1) To confirm a reservation, a deposit equal to 30% of the total price is required.
2) If the payment is made online, the remaining balance is due 10 days before the Tour, Trekking, Peak Climbing, or Expedition begins. If the payment is made in cash, it can be made after arrival. 3) If the booking is made within 30 days of the expedition beginning, full payment must be made at the time of booking.
1)A full refund of the deposit will be given if a Tour, Trek, Peak Climbing, or Expedition is canceled more than 60 days before the start date.
2)The deposit will not be refunded if a Tour, Trek, Peak Climbing, or Expedition is canceled within 30 days of its start date.
3)A tour, trek, peak climbing, or expedition will not be refunded if it is canceled prior to or on the start date.
4)All participants should strongly consider purchasing travel insurance to cover any unforeseen cancellations or other occurrences.
Note: We reserve the right to modify or cancel any trek in the event of a natural disaster, political unrest, or any other unforeseen circumstances beyond our control. In such cases, a full refund or an alternative option will be provided.
Dates of Trip
November 10, 2022 - November 24, 2022
Group Discount Prices
Frequently Asked Questions
Price W/O Addons: US$ 2480 per person
- A detailed certificate from Marvel Treks and Expedition (after accomplishment)
- Trendy Sunhat and t-shirt as souvenirs on behalf of Marvel Treks and Expedition.
- A complimentary raincoat to shed you during the rainy season.
- A Complimentary Duffel Bag throughout the trek from our company. (returnable)
- A warm complimentary Down Jacket during the entire trek on behalf of Marvel Treks. (returnable)
- A complimentary sleeping bag for your icy trek. (returnable)
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner throughout the trek.
- The essential climbing gears like mountain axe, trekking sticks etc, for your need throughout the trek. (returnable)
- Delightful complimentary Authentic Nepali cuisine as dinner to embark on your arrival and departure
- Critical complimentary First Aid Service (in times of need)
- An informative trekking map for you to cherish on behalf of our company
- All the crucial services about airport transfer to and from the hotel via a private tourist vehicle ($40)
- TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management Systems )($10)
- National park entry fees / ACAP permits / Conservation entry fees. ( $30)
- All essential local tax and Gov tax ($130 )
- All the required office service charges. ($200)
- Essential Medical supplies and first aid equipment will be provided.
- Miscellaneous ($20)
- Porter Guide ($480)
- Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for all the Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Extra nights in any city that’s not accommodated in the itinerary of Marvel Treks and Expedition.
- All the International flight checks and airfares.
- Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for alcoholic/ non-alcoholic liquors.
- Additional porter fees along with tips of guides and porters.
- Electronic gadgets like chargers, headphones.
- Individual costs like a hot shower, phone calls, laundry, souvenirs.
- Travel coverage and emergency evacuations.
- Tips for our staff’s drivers.
Api Base camp Trek