Annapurna circuit trek with Tilicho Lake
4210m / 13812.33ft
Overland & flight
2 to 12 (maximum)
Spring & Autumn
Annapurna circuit trek with Tilicho Lake Overview
Annapurna circuit trek with Tilicho Lake is a beautiful and most explored destination of Nepal. This trek takes us through one of the highest Lakes along with the highest mountain pass. Above all, Tilicho Lake is the world’s highest lake which lies at an altitude of 4919m. Glacial melt of the Northern slope of Annapurna Mountain and Thorung peak formed the tilicho lake. Thorang La pass is the highest altitude of this trek at 5416m. The trail passes through deep gorges, high mountain passes like Thorang La pass. You will also be visiting Buddhist and Hindu temples, Rhododendron forests, and beautiful villages.
In addition, Annapurna circuit offers a panoramic view of Mount Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Macchapuchre, Manaslu, and Tukuche. Also, Being highly protected by Annapurna Conservation Area, you get to witness some rare animals like snow leopard, Jackal, Himalayan Tahr, blue sheep, birds, etc along with many flora. This trek starts with a scenic drive from Kathmandu to Besishahar. After that travelling through Manag valley, you reach the beautiful Tilicho Lake. Again, passing through Yak Kharka, and Thorang phedi you reach the Thorang La pass. Crossing Thorang La pass is the difficult part of this trek.
This is the standard route of the Annapurna circuit trek with Tilicho Lake and might take 18-20 days if you take proper rest and days off. For this duration, this trek might cost you around 1000$ including your Flight tickets, food, and accommodation, mode of transportation, permits, insurance, and the number of days.
Highlights of Annapurna circuit trek with Tilicho Lake
- cross one of the highest passes, Thorang La pass.
- Explore the world’s highest lake, Tilicho Lake
- Experience the local culture and lifestyle of Tibetan people.
- Explore several monasteries, Gompa, and Temples.
- Amazing view of mountains like Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Tukuche peak, and Manaslu
- Diverse flora and fauna of Annapurna Conservation Area.
- Day 00:Kathmandu Arrival
- Day 01: Kathmandu to Besishahar, 7 hours drive
- Day 02: Besishahar to Chame, 5 hours drive
- Day 03: Chame to Pisang, 5-6 hours trek
- Day 04: Pisang to Manang 5-6 hours trek
- Day 06: Manang to Siri Kharka, 4-5 hours trek
- Day 07: Siri Kharka to Tilicho Base Camp, 5-6 hours trek
- Day 08: Visit Tilicho Lake then back to Siri Kharka: 5-6 hours trek
- Day 09: Siri Kharka to Yak Kharka 4-5 hours trek
- Day 11: Yak Kharka to Thorang Phedi, 3-4 hours trek
- Day 12: Thorong Phedi over the Thorong La pass to Muktinath, 8 hours trek
- Day 13: Muktinath to Tatopani, 4 hours drive
- Day 15: Tatopani to Ghorepani, 4-5 hours trek
- Day 15: Ghorepani to Poon Hill
- Day 16: Tikhedhunga to Nayapul, Drive Nayapul to Pokhara: 3-4 hours trek.1.5 hours drive.
Before You Go
Symptoms of Mountain sickness
- Loss of appetite
- Shortness of breath
- Fast heartbeats
Preventing mountain sickness
- Walk slow
- Stay hydrated
- Have nutritional food
- Have enough rest
- Avoid smoking and alcohol
Medicines for mountain sickness
- Ibuprofen, paracetamol (for headache)
- Promethazine (for nausea)
Highpass Equipment List
|Woolen t shirts/shirts/thick sweaters.||Backpack/Duffle bag|
|Jackets (Fiber or down)||Passport size photographs|
|Raincoat||Permit and travel insurance|
|Pair of sandals||Suns cream and lip balm|
|Trekking trousers||Wash kit|
|Sleeping trousers||First aid kit|
|Hiking shorts||Power bank|
|Water proof pants||Summer/winter hat|
|Sleeping bag/Sleeping bag liner||Water bottles and water purifier|
|Hiking boots||Trekking poles|
|Gloves and beanies||Camera|
|Snow glasses and sunglasses||trekking map|
|Neck gaiter||Water purification|
|Sun hat/woolen hat||Water bottles|
Trekking to high altitudes can always be risky. Travel Insurance is something you might want to do before trekking anywhere. Sometimes in emergency cases, people need to be evacuated through a helicopter and get medical service. So, in such cases, your travel insurance will be bearing the cost for you. Seeing all these benefits, the government of Nepal has made travel insurance mandatory thing before trekking. However, it is very important to mention the heights and all the places you will be reaching during your trek. Your insurance entirely depends on the details you have provided earlier. Travel insurance costs you around 150$ which is good for 1 month.
If you are not a Nepalese or Indian citizen, then a visa and a passport are mandatory. You can get your Nepalese Visa at Tribhuvan airport in Kathmandu. The passport must hold a visa of a minimum of 6 months.
Guided Package Information
Temperature and weather
During the autumn season (September-November), the average daytime temperature is around 15⁰C while it can fall to 7-8⁰C at night. Spring season (March–May) has anaverage temperature of 20⁰C during the daytime but nights can be cooler.
During the summer/monsoon (June- August) the average temperature in this region is 15-25⁰C making the days warmer. The winter season is certainly the coldest month and temperature in lower altitudes in the Annapurna circuit remains around 5-10⁰C. The average temperature in higher altitudes might get as low as -20⁰C.
The temperature in Tilicho Lake is quite moderately cold. In summer the night temperature on upper altitudes ranges from 0-5⁰C and in winter it can be around -5 to -20⁰C. There is warmer in lower altitudes. The temperature ranges from 25-10⁰C in summer whereas it can be around 5 to -5⁰C in winter.
Food and accommodation
This trek is a complete teahouse trek. No camping is necessary unless you want to experience it. Enough teahouses are available throughout the way to the Tilicho Lake and Thorang La pass. In fact, you can also find a teahouse very near to the lake area itself. The teahouses are very basic with a single room but twin sharing beds. The toilets and bathroom have to be shared. They have facilities of electricity, telephones, or internet in teahouses. You might have to pay extra for those facilities.
Traditional food Dal, Bhat, and vegetables are available in every teahouse. Besides this, in the Annapurna circuit, you will also get Garlic soup which is said to be very healthy for altitude sickness, spaghetti, fried potatoes, soft drinks, and Annapurna’s famous apple pie. It is a dessert made of the apple due to apple orchards growing in many villages
Payment and Cancellation
Policy regarding Payment and Cancellation Payment:
1) To confirm a reservation, a deposit equal to 30% of the total price is required.
2) If the payment is made online, the remaining balance is due 10 days before the Tour, Trekking, Peak Climbing, or Expedition begins. If the payment is made in cash, it can be made after arrival. 3) If the booking is made within 30 days of the expedition beginning, full payment must be made at the time of booking.
1)A full refund of the deposit will be given if a Tour, Trek, Peak Climbing, or Expedition is canceled more than 60 days before the start date.
2)The deposit will not be refunded if a Tour, Trek, Peak Climbing, or Expedition is canceled within 30 days of its start date.
3)A tour, trek, peak climbing, or expedition will not be refunded if it is canceled prior to or on the start date.
4)All participants should strongly consider purchasing travel insurance to cover any unforeseen cancellations or other occurrences.
Note: We reserve the right to modify or cancel any trek in the event of a natural disaster, political unrest, or any other unforeseen circumstances beyond our control. In such cases, a full refund or an alternative option will be provided.
Dates of Trip
Group Discount Prices
Frequently Asked Questions
Price W/O Addons: US$ 640 per person
- A detailed certificate from Marvel Treks and Expedition (after accomplishment)
- A complimentary raincoat to shed you during the rainy season. (returnable)
- A Complimentary Duffel Bag throughout the trek from our company. (returnable)
- A warm complimentary Down Jacket during the entire trek on behalf of Marvel Treks. (returnable)
- A complimentary sleeping bag for your icy trek. (returnable)
- The essential climbing gear like mountain axe, trekking sticks, etc, for your need throughout the trek. (returnable)
- Delightful complimentary Authentic Nepali cuisine as dinner to embark on your arrival and departure
- Critical complimentary First Aid Service (in times of need)
- An informative trekking map for you to cherish on behalf of our company
- Trendy Sunhat and t-shirt as souvenirs on behalf of Marvel Treks and Expedition.
- All the crucial services about airport transfer to and from the hotel via a private tourist vehicle ($40)
- TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management Systems )($10)
- National park entry fees / ACAP permits / Conservation entry fees. ( $30)
- All essential local tax and, office service charges Gov tax ($100 )
- Miscellaneous ($20)
- 2 nights accommodation in a Kathmandu (Kathmandu hotel or similar) ($40)
- Porter Guide ($375)
- Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for all the Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Extra nights in any city that’s not accommodated in the itinerary of Marvel Treks and Expedition.
- All the International flight checks and airfares.
- Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for alcoholic/ non-alcoholic liquors.
- Additional porter fees along with tips of guides and porters.
- Electronic gadgets like chargers, headphones.
- Individual costs like a hot shower, phone calls, laundry, souvenirs.
- Travel coverage and emergency evacuations.
- Tips for our staff’s drivers.
Annapurna circuit trek with Tilicho Lake