Helambu Trek Overview
Helambu is located 72 km northeast from Kathmandu and falls in Langtang region. The highest point you will be reaching in this trek is 3650m,(Tharepati Pass) with the route passing through temperate forest, green valleys, Rhododendron forest, Tamang and Sherpa villages and Buddhist Monasteries. Let’s not forget about the stunning views of mountains including Langtang, Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, Rolwaling and Gaurishankar. Hyolmo ethnic and culture, Tibetan Buddhist Monasteries, Shrines and stupas inhabited by Tamang and sherpa people, these all collectively comprises Helambu and contributes to the beauty of it. Helambu trek is one of the shortest trek yet very untouched, unexplored and un-spoilt. This trek is best for those who are under limited time but still wants to explore the beauty of Nepal.
Best season to visit
The best season to trek Helambu is spring (March- May) and autumn (September- November). In this seasons the temperature is very favorable, the views are very clear with crystal blue sky. You can see green forest, Rhododendrons and beautiful mountain views. This season doesn’t receive much rainfall and the trails are in best condition. It is still possible to trek in Monsoon season and winter season but due to heavy rainfall and snowfall you have to be more careful with the trails since they are muddy and slippery.
Travel insurance- you can always purchase your own travel insurance. It usually cost around 150$(15000 NRS) good for 30 days. It is important to mention or cover high altitudes since trekkers sometime really needs to be evacuated from helicopter. Travel Insurance depends on the details you have provided that’s why it’s important to notify them earlier about the altitudes you will be reaching.
Visas/ passports – foreigners other than Indians need to have valid visas and passports prior to visiting Nepal. The passport must hold minimum 6 months of visa validity from their date of arrival. They can have the Nepalese visa at Kathmandu airport.
Clothing and equipment
|Trekking shocks||Torch lights|
|Water proof pants||Sunglasses|
|Water proof jackets||Beanies and gloves|
|Warm shirts and t shirts||Medicines|
|Thermal tops and bottoms||Toiletries|
|Fleece jacket||Safety kit|
|Down jacket||Hand sanitizers|
|Trekking pole||Water bottles and water purifier|
|Raincoats||Trash bag and tissue papers|
|Duffel bags||Power banks|
Dates of Trip
Group Discount Prices
Frequently Asked Questions
Price W/O Addons: US$ 32673.31 /pax
- A detailed certificate from Marvel Treks and Expedition (after accomplishment)
- Trendy Sunhat and t-shirt as souvenirs on behalf of Marvel Treks and Expedition.
- A complimentary raincoat to shed you during the rainy season.
- A Complimentary Duffel Bag throughout the trek from our company. (returnable)
- A warm complimentary Down Jacket during the entire trek on behalf of Marvel Treks. (returnable)
- A complimentary sleeping bag for your icy trek. (returnable)
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner throughout the trek.
- The essential climbing gears like mountain axe, trekking sticks etc, for your need throughout the trek. (returnable)
- Delightful complimentary Authentic Nepali cuisine as dinner to embark on your arrival and departure
- Critical complimentary First Aid Service (in times of need)
- An informative trekking map for you to cherish on behalf of our company
- All the crucial services about airport transfer to and from the hotel via a private tourist vehicle ($40)
- TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management Systems )($10)
- National park entry fees / ACAP permits / Conservation entry fees. ( $30)
- All essential local tax and Gov tax ($130 )
- All the required office service charges. ($200)
- Essential Medical supplies and first aid equipment will be provided.
- Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for all the Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Extra nights in any city that’s not accommodated in the itinerary of Marvel Treks and Expedition.
- Summit bonus (250 USD)
- All the International flight checks and airfares.
- Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for alcoholic/ non-alcoholic liquors.
- Additional porter fees along with tips of guides and porters.
- Electronic gadgets like chargers, headphones.
- Individual costs like a hot shower, phone calls, laundry, souvenirs.
- Travel coverage and emergency evacuations.
- Tips for our staff’s drivers.