Pisang peak is one of the popular peaks. It lies in the Northern part of Nepal, within the Annapurna region in the Manang district. Pisang peak stands steadily at the height of 6091m and looks like a pyramid of ice and snow. The peak was first climbed by the German expedition in 1955. The trail along Pisang Peak Climbing is beautifully decorated with cultural villages, and holy sites including Muktinath. Moreover, you come across one of the highest mountain passes called Thorang La pass.
Besides this, the route also passes through green vegetation, and forest allowing us to see the amazing wildlife of Annapurna Conservation Area. The place consists of many rare animals and plants like snow leopard, red pandas, Himalayan Tahr, etc. However, the stunning view of Lamjung Himal, and Mount Manaslu remains the main attraction of this trek. Even though Pisang peak is categorized as easy peak climbing, you need strong physical and mental fitness for this trek and climb.
This route might take you around 16-17 days if you take proper rest and take some days off. This trek costs you around 2000$, however, the cost usually depends on the mode of transportation, food, accommodation, and number of days you take.
Marvel Trek is a licensed expedition company. It has been providing best facilities and services to its climbers since 1998 along with some great experiences. We not only keep your safety as the priority. But also guide you to fulfill your wish of experiencing the thrill of climbing a mountain. The entire team of Marvel Trek is full of professionals who will be there to support and guide you throughout your mountaineering adventures.
Highlights of pisang-peak-climbing
- Climbing over 6000m expedition.
- Explore two beautiful Manang and Mustang valleys.
- Visit the holy and sacred Muktinath Temple.
- Diverse flora and fauna of Annapurna Conservation Area
- Walkthrough the Annapurna circuit.
- Day 1- Kathmandu-Syangje (6-7 hours drive)
- Day 2- Syangje-Dharapani, (5-6 hours walk)
- Day 3- Dharapani-Chame, (6-7hours walk)
- Day 4- Chame-upper Pisang, (5-6 hours walk)
- Day 5- Upper Pisang- Pisang Peak base camp, (3-4 hours walk)
- Day 6- Pisang Peak base camp-Pisang peak high camp, (3-4 hours walk)
- Day 7- Pisang Peak high camp- peak climbing, back to base camp, (8-9 hours walk)
- Day 8- Base camp- Manang valley, (5-6 hours walk)
- Day 9- Manang valley- Yak Kharka, (4-5 hours walk)
- Day 10- Yak Kharka-Thorang Phedi, (3-4 hours walk)
- Day 11- Thorang Phedi- Muktinath (8-9 hours walk)
- Day 12- Muktinath-Jomsom, (5-6 hours walk)
- Day 13- Jomsom-Pokhara-Kathmandu, 25 minutes flight, 30 minutes flight
Safety and fitness
The road to Pisang peak base camp is rough, steep, and can be snowy. The trail above the base camp is more challenging. The steep up and down trails can be very difficult. You need to be well familiar with mountaineering gear like ice ax, harness, crampons, etc. The extreme temperature and altitude can be a serious problem if you don’t apply the necessary precaution. Any peak climbing requires concentration, focus, patience, and knowledge. Physical and mental stability is the most important factor. Physical fitness can be built by running, jogging, and doing some light exercise before starting your trek. The average walking hour of 5-6 per day, and overnight camping, risk of altitude sickness, combining all these facts, the trek and climb to Pisang peak can be moderately difficult.
Symptoms of Mountain sickness
- Loss of appetite
- Shortness of breath
- Fast heartbeats
Preventing mountain sickness
- Walk slow
- Stay hydrated
- Have nutritional food
- Have enough rest
Avoid smoking and alcohol
Medicines for mountain sickness
- Ibuprofen, paracetamol (for headache)
- Promethazine (for nausea)
Peak climbing Equipment List
|Valid Passport||Thin Fleece Gloves (2 Pairs)|
|Credit/Debit Card||Wind Stopper / Screen Tap Gloves (2 Pairs)|
|pP Size Photo (4 Pieces)||Heavy Gloves (Guide Gloves)|
|Insurance Paper And Contact Address||Summit Gloves – 8000m.|
|Foot Wear||Sleeping Bags|
|Summit Boot – 8000m. (Kailas / Lasportiva / Millet )||Sleeping Bag -20OC to -30OC|
|Climbing Boot – 6000m. (Kailas / Lasportiva / Millet)||Down Sleeping Bag -40OC (Extreme Comfort)|
|Normal Socks (5-8 Pairs)||Thermarest Mattress (Cell Foam)|
|Summit Socks/6000 m. Socks (2 Pairs)||Down Mattress (Inflatable)|
|Trekking Shoes (Gore Tex)||Sleeping Bag Liner|
|Light Trekking/Sports Shoes||Inflatable Pillow|
|Camp Booties (1 Pair)||Climbing Equipment|
|Slipper (1 Pair)||Climbing Helmet|
|Upper Body||Summit Down Suit – 8000m.|
|Thermal Top Base Layer (2-3 Pcs)||Ice Axe with Spike & Axe Protector Harness|
|Fleece Jacket (1-2 Pcs)||Belay Devices/ Figure of 8/ ATC Guide Jumar / Ascender|
|Gore Tex Jacket (1 Pcs)||Lock Carabiner (3 Pcs) Unlock Carabiner (2 Pcs) Tape Slings/240 cm|
|Wind Proof Jacket (1-2 Pcs)||Snow Goggle (Summit Purpose, Antifog, Polarized, UV Protection)|
|Down Jacket (1-2 Pcs)||Head Light 500-700 Lumens Spare|
|Cotton T-Shirt (3-5 Pcs)||Battery (Energizer Ultimate Lithium)|
|Lower Body||Satellite Phone With Credit (Optional)|
|Thermal Bottom Base Layer (2-3 Pcs)||Walking Stick/ Trekking Pole|
|Fleece Trouser (1-2 pcs)||Pocket Knife (Swiss)|
|Gore Tex Pant (1 pcs)||Altimeter Watch|
|Light Weight Quick Dry Trekking Pants (2-3 Pairs)||Pee Bottle|
|Gaiters for trekking boots||Power Bank|
|Down Pants (1pcs)||Crampons (Fit with Boot)/Packing Cover|
|Under Wear (4-6 Pcs)||Bag Packs|
|Sun Stuffs||Rucksacks 35 L – 50 L|
|Banana Boat/ Nivea Sun Cream (up to -50 Spf)||Duffle Bag 120 L-150 L (2 Pcs)|
|Lip Guard -30 to -50 (Spf)||Lundry/Garbage Bag (Large)|
|Sun Glasses (Uv Protection)||Water Proof Stuff Sacks/Dry Bag- Small/ Medium/ Large (3-4 Pcs)|
|Glaciers Glasses (Uv Protection)||Medical/First Aid|
|Moisturiser / Lotion||Brufen / Ibuprofens|
|Eating & Drinking||Antibiotic|
|1 Ltr. Water Bottle||Diamox|
|1/ 1.5 Ltr. Thermos||Paracetamol|
|Mug (Opt.)||Handy Plaster|
|Spoon/ Fork (Opt.)||Crack Bandage|
|Bowl (Opt.)||Tincture Iodine|
|Umbrella / Rain Coat||Electrolyte|
|Hot Water Bag||Minil 10mg (Palpitation, anxiety)|
|Camera||Codopar (Headache & chest pain)|
|GPS Tracker (Recommended)||Salbetol 4mg (Breathless)|
|Hand & Toe Warmer||Azithromycin 500mg (chronic tonsillitis, fever, nose, throat infection-must take 5 days)|
|Toiletries (Personal)||Flupen 250mg (prevent wound infection)|
|Toilet Paper / Wet Tissue||Allegra 120/180mg (Allergic tonsil)|
|Towel||Fleece Hat/ Warm Hat (1-2 Pcs)|
|Garbage Bag||Neck Gaiter (2-3 Pcs)|
Payment and Cancellation
Policy regarding Payment and Cancellation Payment:
1) To confirm a reservation, a deposit equal to 30% of the total price is required.
2) If the payment is made online, the remaining balance is due 10 days before the Tour, Trekking, Peak Climbing, or Expedition begins. If the payment is made in cash, it can be made after arrival. 3) If the booking is made within 30 days of the expedition beginning, full payment must be made at the time of booking.
1)A full refund of the deposit will be given if a Tour, Trek, Peak Climbing, or Expedition is canceled more than 60 days before the start date.
2)The deposit will not be refunded if a Tour, Trek, Peak Climbing, or Expedition is canceled within 30 days of its start date.
3)A tour, trek, peak climbing, or expedition will not be refunded if it is canceled prior to or on the start date.
4)All participants should strongly consider purchasing travel insurance to cover any unforeseen cancellations or other occurrences.
Note: We reserve the right to modify or cancel any trek in the event of a natural disaster, political unrest, or any other unforeseen circumstances beyond our control. In such cases, a full refund or an alternative option will be provided.
Dates of Trip
Group Discount Prices
Frequently Asked Questions
Price W/O Addons: US$ 1590 per person
- A detailed certificate from Marvel Treks and Expedition (after accomplishment)
- A complimentary raincoat to shed you during the rainy season. (returnable)
- A Complimentary Duffel Bag throughout the trek from our company. (returnable)
- A warm complimentary Down Jacket during the entire trek on behalf of Marvel Treks. (returnable)
- A complimentary sleeping bag for your icy trek. (returnable)
- The essential climbing gear like mountain axe, trekking sticks, etc, for your need throughout the trek. (returnable)
- Delightful complimentary Authentic Nepali cuisine as dinner to embark on your arrival and departure
- Critical complimentary First Aid Service (in times of need)
- An informative trekking map for you to cherish on behalf of our company
- Trendy Sunhat and t-shirt as souvenirs on behalf of Marvel Treks and Expedition.
- All the crucial services about airport transfer to and from the hotel via a private tourist vehicle ($40)
- The Garbage Disposal System will be accommodated by our company. ($500)
- Climbing Permit for Peak Climbing ($250)
- TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management Systems )($10)
- National park entry fees / ACAP permits / Conservation entry fees. ( $30)
- All essential local tax ,office service charges,and Gov tax ($100 )
- 2 nights accommodation in a Kathmandu (Kathmandu hotel or similar) ($40)
- Guide Service (390)
- Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for all the Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Extra nights in any city that’s not accommodated in the itinerary of Marvel Treks and Expedition.
- Summit bonus (250 USD)
- All the International flight checks and airfares.
- Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for alcoholic/ non-alcoholic liquors.
- Additional porter fees along with tips of guides and porters.
- Tips for Climbing Sherpa (200 USD)
- Electronic gadgets like chargers, headphones.
- Individual costs like a hot shower, phone calls, laundry, souvenirs.
- Travel coverage and emergency evacuations.
- Tips for our staff’s drivers.