Yala peak is a beautiful mountain in the Langtang region of Nepal which lies at an altitude of 5500 m. Yala Peak Climbing is a non-technical, and perfect peak for beginners. However, a basic mountaineering idea is required. According to Nepal Mountaineering Association, Yala Peak is categorized as a simple trekking peak. The climbing consists of simple scrambling with 25 degrees slope, 180m of snow climbing on a 35-40 degree slope, and 650m of climbing on the summit day.
The base camp for Yala peak lies at the height of 4500 m, from where you can see a stunning view of Langtang Lirung, Lenpo Gang, Dorje Lakpa, and the great Shishapangma which lies on the Tibetan side. Yala peak falls under the protection of Langtang National Park where you can witness a lot of rare flora and fauna. Rare animals like snow leopard, red panda, Himalayan Tahr, etc.
The trail of Yala Peak Climbing also passes through the lush forest of Rhododendron, and pines, beautiful landscapes, and the Langtang River. Langtang valley trek is a relatively short trek and it is perfect for those who are under limited time.
This is a standard and most common route which takes around 2 weeks with proper rest and some days off. It cost around 1600-2000$. The price depends on the types of vehicles, food and accommodations, and the number of days you take to finish the journey. This also includes all the travel permits, insurance, clothing and equipment, gear, etc.
Yala Peak Climbing with Marvel Trek
Marvel Trek is a licensed expedition company. It has been providing the best facilities and services to its climbers since 1998 along with some great experiences. We not only keep your safety as the priority. But also guide you to fulfill your wish of experiencing the thrill of climbing a mountain. The entire team of Marvel Trek is full of professionals who will be there to support and guide you.
Highlights of yala-peak-climbing
- Explore beautiful Langtang valley
- See diverse flora and endangered animals found in Langtang National Park
- Stunning views of mountains like Dorje Lakpa and Shishapangma
- Get to see the Tamang people of Langtang valley and their lifestyles
- Day 1- Kathmandu - Shyabrubesi, (7-8 hours drive)
- Day 2- Shyabrubesi - Lama Hotel, (5-6 hours walk)
- Day 3- Lama Hotel - Langtang village, (6-7 hours walk)
- Day 4- Langtang village - Kyanjin Gompa, (2-3 hours walk)
- Day 5- Kyanjin Gompa - Yala peak base camp (5-6 hours walk)
- Day 6- Yala peak Base camp - peak climbing, back to base camp, (7-8 hours walk)
- Day 7- Base camp - Kyanjin Gompa, (5-6 hours walk)
- Day 8- Kyanjin Gompa - Lama hotel, (6-7 hours walk)
- Day 9- Lama Hotel - Shyabrubesi, (5-6 hours walk)
- Day 10- Shyabrubesi - Kathmandu, (7-8 hours drive)
Safety and Fitness
The road to Yala peak base camp is rough, steep, and can be snowy. The trail above the base camp is more challenging. Luckily, Yala peak is an easy peak and anyone with basic mountaineering ideas can do this.
However, the extreme temperature and altitude can be serious problems if you don’t apply the necessary precaution. Any peak climbing requires concentration, focus, patience, and knowledge. Physical and mental stability is the most important factor.
Physical fitness can be built by running, jogging, and doing some light exercise before starting your trek. With the average walking hour of 5-6 per day and overnight camping, risk of altitude sickness, combining all these facts, the trek and climb to Yala peak can be moderately difficult.
Symptoms of Mountain sickness
- Loss of appetite
- Shortness of breath
- Fast heartbeats
Preventing mountain sickness
- Walk slow
- Stay hydrated
- Have nutritional food
- Have enough rest
- Avoid smoking and alcohol
Medicines for mountain sickness
- Ibuprofen, paracetamol (for headache)
- Promethazine (for nausea)
Peak Climbing Equipment List
|Valid Passport||Thin Fleece Gloves (2 Pairs)|
|Credit/Debit Card||Wind Stopper / Screen Tap Gloves (2 Pairs)|
|pP Size Photo (4 Pieces)||Heavy Gloves (Guide Gloves)|
|Insurance Paper And Contact Address||Summit Gloves – 8000m.|
|Foot Wear||Sleeping Bags|
|Summit Boot – 8000m. (Kailas / Lasportiva / Millet )||Sleeping Bag -20OC to -30OC|
|Climbing Boot – 6000m. (Kailas / Lasportiva / Millet)||Down Sleeping Bag -40OC (Extreme Comfort)|
|Normal Socks (5-8 Pairs)||Thermarest Mattress (Cell Foam)|
|Summit Socks/6000 m. Socks (2 Pairs)||Down Mattress (Inflatable)|
|Trekking Shoes (Gore-Tex)||Sleeping Bag Liner|
|Light Trekking/Sports Shoes||Inflatable Pillow|
|Camp Booties (1 Pair)||Climbing Equipment|
|Slipper (1 Pair)||Climbing Helmet|
|Upper Body||Summit Down Suit – 8000m.|
|Thermal Top Base Layer (2-3 Pcs)||Ice Axe with Spike & Axe Protector Harness|
|Fleece Jacket (1-2 Pcs)||Belay Devices/ Figure of 8/ ATC Guide Jumar / Ascender|
|Gore-Tex Jacket (1 Pcs)||Lock Carabiner (3 Pcs) Unlock Carabiner (2 Pcs) Tape Slings/240 cm|
|Wind Proof Jacket (1-2 Pcs)||Snow Goggle (Summit Purpose, Antifog, Polarized, UV Protection)|
|Down Jacket (1-2 Pcs)||Head Light 500-700 Lumens Spare|
|Cotton T-Shirt (3-5 Pcs)||Battery (Energizer Ultimate Lithium)|
|Lower Body||Satellite Phone With Credit (Optional)|
|Thermal Bottom Base Layer (2-3 Pcs)||Walking Stick/ Trekking Pole|
|Fleece Trouser (1-2 pcs)||Pocket Knife (Swiss)|
|Gore-Tex Pant (1 pcs)||Altimeter Watch|
|Light Weight Quick Dry Trekking Pants (2-3 Pairs)||Pee Bottle|
|Gaiters for trekking boots||Power Bank|
|Down Pants (1pcs)||Crampons (Fit with Boot)/Packing Cover|
|Under Wear (4-6 Pcs)||Bag Packs|
|Sun Stuffs||Rucksacks 35 L – 50 L|
|Banana Boat/ Nivea Sun Cream (up to -50 Spf)||Duffle Bag 120 L-150 L (2 Pcs)|
|Lip Guard -30 to -50 (Spf)||Laundry/Garbage Bag (Large)|
|Sun Glasses (Uv Protection)||Water Proof Stuff Sacks/Dry Bag- Small/ Medium/ Large (3-4 Pcs)|
|Glaciers Glasses (Uv Protection)||Medical/First Aid|
|Moisturiser / Lotion||Brufen / Ibuprofens|
|Eating & Drinking||Antibiotic|
|1 Ltr. Water Bottle||Diamox|
|1/ 1.5 Ltr. Thermos||Paracetamol|
|Mug (Opt.)||Handy Plaster|
|Spoon/ Fork (Opt.)||Crack Bandage|
|Bowl (Opt.)||Tincture Iodine|
|Umbrella / Rain Coat||Electrolyte|
|Hot Water Bag||Minil 10mg (Palpitation, anxiety)|
|Camera||Codopar (Headache & chest pain)|
|GPS Tracker (Recommended)||Salbetol 4mg (Breathless)|
|Hand & Toe Warmer||Azithromycin 500mg (chronic tonsillitis, fever, nose, throat infection-must take 5 days)|
|Toiletries (Personal)||Flupen 250mg (prevent wound infection)|
|Toilet Paper / Wet Tissue||Allegra 120/180mg (Allergic tonsil)|
|Towel||Fleece Hat/ Warm Hat (1-2 Pcs)|
|Garbage Bag||Neck Gaiter (2-3 Pcs)|
Payment and Cancellation
Policy regarding Payment and Cancellation Payment:
1) To confirm a reservation, a deposit equal to 30% of the total price is required.
2) If the payment is made online, the remaining balance is due 10 days before the Tour, Trekking, Peak Climbing, or Expedition begins. If the payment is made in cash, it can be made after arrival.
3) If the booking is made within 30 days of the expedition beginning, full payment must be made at the time of booking.
1) A full refund of the deposit will be given if a Tour, Trek, Peak Climbing, or Expedition is canceled more than 60 days before the start date.
2) The deposit will not be refunded if a Tour, Trek, Peak Climbing, or Expedition is canceled within 30 days of its start date.
3) A tour, trek, peak climbing, or expedition will not be refunded if it is canceled prior to or on the start date.
4) All participants should strongly consider purchasing travel insurance to cover any unforeseen cancellations or other occurrences.
Note: We reserve the right to modify or cancel any trek in the event of a natural disaster, political unrest, or any other unforeseen circumstances beyond our control. In such cases, a full refund or an alternative option will be provided.
Dates of Trip
Group Discount Prices
Frequently Asked Questions
Price W/O Addons: US$ 380 per person
- A detailed certificate from Marvel Treks and Expedition (after accomplishment)
- A complimentary raincoat to shed you during the rainy season. (returnable)
- A Complimentary Duffel Bag throughout the trek from our company. (returnable)
- A warm complimentary Down Jacket during the entire trek on behalf of Marvel Treks. (returnable)
- A complimentary sleeping bag for your icy trek. (returnable)
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner throughout the trek.
- The essential climbing gear like mountain axe, trekking sticks, etc, for your need throughout the trek. (returnable)
- Delightful complimentary Authentic Nepali cuisine as dinner to embark on your arrival and departure
- Critical complimentary First Aid Service (in times of need)
- An informative trekking map for you to cherish on behalf of our company
- Trendy Sunhat and t-shirt as souvenirs on behalf of Marvel Treks and Expedition.
- All the crucial services about airport transfer to and from the hotel via a private tourist vehicle ($40)
- TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management Systems )($10)
- National park entry fees / ACAP permits / Conservation entry fees. ( $30)
- All essential local tax and, office service charges Gov tax ($100 )
- 2 nights accommodation in a Kathmandu (Kathmandu hotel or similar) ($40)
- Trekking Guide Service($160)
- Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for all the Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Extra nights in any city that’s not accommodated in the itinerary of Marvel Treks and Expedition.
- All the International flight checks and airfares.
- Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for alcoholic/ non-alcoholic liquors.
- Additional porter fees along with tips for guides and porters.
- Electronic gadgets like chargers, and headphones.
- Individual costs like a hot shower, phone calls, laundry, and souvenirs.
- Travel coverage and emergency evacuations.
- Tips for our staff’s drivers.