Ismoil Somoni Peak Expedition
Teahouse/Lodge, Tented Camp
Ismoil Somoni Peak Expedition Overview
The highest peak in Pamir and the former USSR is Ismoil Somoni Peak. Evgeny Abalakov made the first ascent to the summit in 1933 while participating in the Tajik-Pamir expedition of the USSR Academy of Sciences from a glacier Camp. The climb to the mountain requires extreme fitness, knowledge of technical climbing techniques, and familiarity with ice climbing. A lot of side peak climbing is necessary for acclimatization training.
The Pamir region’s northern-western region is home to Ismoil Somoni peak. Stalin Peak was its earlier name until 1962 when it got the rename as Communism Peak. A Soviet-German scientific expedition found the peak in 1928. The mountain got the new name of Ismail Somoni peak in 1999, when Tajikistan gained independence. This name was in honor of Ismail Samani of the Samanid Dynasty.
The journey presents its difficulties despite being packed with thrills and excitement. Therefore, it is impossible to reach the summit without the proper instructions and preparations effectively. It is where Marvel Trek comes into the picture.
The entire Marvel Trek staff makes a conscious effort to offer you the most excellent services and amenities and ensure you will have an unforgettable trip.
Marvel Trek is a licensed expedition company. It has provided its climbers with the best facilities and services since 1998, along with some great experiences. We not only keep your safety as the priority. But also guide you to fulfill your wish of experiencing the thrill of climbing a mountain. The entire team of Marvel Trek is full of professionals who will be there to support and guide you throughout your mountaineering adventures.
- Day 1: Arriving at International Airport in Dushanbe, Tajikistan and transferring to Dzhirguital
- Day 2: Flying to 4400m Basecamp at Moskvin Meadow through helicopter
- Day 3-4: Rest days to adjust in the high altitude and low temperature
- Day 5-6: Climbing 5,685m tall Vorobiova Peak for acclimatization
- Day 7: Resting and preparing for the next acclimatization climb
- Day 8-10: Climbing 6,230m tall Chetyrekh Peak for acclimatization
- Day 11-12: Resting and preparing for the next acclimatization climb
- Day 13-17: Climbing 7,105m tall Korzhenevskaya Peak for acclimatization
- Day 18-19: Resting and preparing for the actual climb
- Day 20-25: Climbing Ismoil Somoni peak
- Day 26-29: Reserve days in case of occurrence of bad weather
- Day 30-31: Flying back to Dzhirguital and Dushanbe
- Day 32: Flying back home