Kangmara Pass Trek JUMLA to lower DOLPO
Kangmara Pass Trek JUMLA to lower DOLPO Overview
Jumla to Dolpo is one of the most challenging, demanding, and technical treks which lies in the western part of Nepal. This trek takes two remote areas Jumla and Dolpo where people have their own different lifestyles. This trek offers the perfect blend of nature and culture from high passes to arid landscapes to carefully preserved Bon culture. The trail passes through small villages in Jumla leading you to the higher trail from Hurikot to Kangmara La Pass (5115m). You get to see a beautiful view of the Kanjirowa Himal range and other snowcapped mountains from the top of Kangmara La pass. On your way, you cross two more passes, Baga La (5182m), and Numa La (5190m).
This route takes around 23/24 days with proper rest and a few days off. It may cost you approx. 1500$ including insurance, permits, transportation, clothing, etc.
Highlights of Kangmara Pass Trek JUMLA to lower DOLPO
- Explore two of the remotest part of Nepal.
- Expereince the Bon Po culture
- Stunning view of Kanjirowa Himal
- Cross two more passes, Baga La and Numa La.
- Day 1- arrival at kathmandu
- Day 2- Kathmandu- Nepalgunj 1 hour flight
- Day 3- Nepalgunj-Jhupal- Dunai 3 hours walk
- Day 4- Dunai- Tarakot 5-6 hours walk
- Day 5- Tarakot- Lahinikharka 5-6 hours walk
- Day 6- Lahini kharka- Bivo cave 5-6 hours walk
- Day 7- Bivo Cave- Dho Tarap 6hours walk
- Day 8- Dho Tarap- Numun La base 5 hours walk
- Day 9- Numun La base- Baga La base 5-6 hours walk
- Day 10- Baga la Base- Phedi 5 hours walk
- Day 11- Phedi- Ringmo Phoksundo lake 5 hours walk
- Day 12- Ringmo Phoksundo lake- Pungmo 6 hours walk
- Day 13- Pungmo- kagmara Phedi 6 hours walk
- Day 14- Kagmara Phedi- Bhedi Kharka 6-7 hours walk
- Day 15- Bhedi Kharka- Kaigaon 5-6 hours walk
- Day 16- Kaigaon- Muri 5 hours walk
- Day 17- Muri- Mani sango 5-6 hours walk
- Day 18- Mani sango- Gurjakot 5-6 hours walk
- Day 19- Gurjakot- Jumla 5-6 hours walk
- Day 20- jumla- Nepalgunj-Kathmandu 1 and half hours flight
Best season to visit
Like many parts of Nepal, the best time to do Jumla to Dolpo trek is spring (March-May) and autumn (September- November). Being a rain shadow region, Dolpo receives very less or no rain at all which makes monsoon season also one of the best times to visit. Winter is very cold and filled with snow. However, if you have proper equipment and experience in trekking in winter you can still trek.
Travel Insurance – high altitudes places are not the kind of places you want to travel to without an insurance policy. Travel insurance has become part of trekking requirements. If you ever have some medical emergencies your travel insurance will have to bear it and that is why you need to mention the details about the places you are going to and the altitudes you will be reaching.
Valid visas/passports – all foreigners except Indians are required to have valid visas and passports to enter Nepal. The visa application will need the passport having a minimum of 6 months of validation along with your passport size photo. You will receive your visa upon your arrival at Tribhuvan international airport.
Highpass Equipment List
|Woolen t-shirts/shirts/thick sweaters||Backpack/Duffle bag|
|Jackets (Fiber or down)||Passport size photographs|
|Raincoat||Permit and travel insurance|
|Pair of sandals||Suns cream and lip balm|
|Trekking trousers||Wash kit|
|Sleeping trousers||First aid kit|
|Hiking shorts||Power bank|
|Waterproof pants||Summer/winter hat|
|Sleeping bag/Sleeping bag liner||Water bottles and water purifiers|
|Hiking boots||Trekking poles|
|Gloves and beanies||Camera|
|Snow glasses and sunglasses||trekking map|
|Neck gaiter||Water purification|
|Sun hat/woolen hat||Water bottle|
Payment and cancellation
Policy regarding Payment and Cancellation Payment:
1) To confirm a reservation, a deposit equal to 30% of the total price is required.
2) If the payment is made online, the remaining balance is due 10 days before the Tour, Trekking, Peak Climbing, or Expedition begins. If the payment is made in cash, it can be made after arrival. 3) If the booking is made within 30 days of the expedition beginning, full payment must be made at the time of booking.
1)A full refund of the deposit will be given if a Tour, Trek, Peak Climbing, or Expedition is canceled more than 60 days before the start date.
2)The deposit will not be refunded if a Tour, Trek, Peak Climbing, or Expedition is canceled within 30 days of its start date.
3)A tour, trek, peak climbing, or expedition will not be refunded if it is canceled prior to or on the start date.
4)All participants should strongly consider purchasing travel insurance to cover any unforeseen cancellations or other occurrences.
Note: We reserve the right to modify or cancel any trek in the event of a natural disaster, political unrest, or any other unforeseen circumstances beyond our control. In such cases, a full refund or an alternative option will be provided.
Dates of Trip
Group Discount Prices
Frequently Asked Questions
Price W/O Addons: US$ 1385 per person
- A detailed certificate from Marvel Treks and Expedition (after accomplishment)
- A complimentary raincoat to shed you during the rainy season.(returnable)
- A Complimentary Duffel Bag throughout the trek from our company. (returnable)
- A warm complimentary Down Jacket during the entire trek on behalf of Marvel Treks. (returnable)
- A complimentary sleeping bag for your icy trek. (returnable)
- The essential climbing gear like mountain axe, trekking sticks, etc, for your need throughout the trek. (returnable)
- Delightful complimentary Authentic Nepali cuisine as dinner to embark on your arrival and departure
- Critical complimentary First Aid Service (in times of need)
- An informative trekking map for you to cherish on behalf of our company
- Trendy Sunhat and t-shirt as souvenirs on behalf of Marvel Treks and Expedition.
- All the crucial services about airport transfer to and from the hotel via a private tourist vehicle ($40)
- TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management Systems )($10)
- National park entry fees / ACAP permits / Conservation entry fees. ( $30)
- Special Permits and all the necessary Conservation area and national Park tax (USD 500 per person (for the first 10 days))
- 2 nights accommodation in a Kathmandu (Kathmandu hotel or similar) ($40)
- All essential local tax and Gov tax and office service charges. ($100 )
- Guide Service ($665)
- Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for all the Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Extra nights in any city that’s not accommodated in the itinerary of Marvel Treks and Expedition.
- All the International flight checks and airfares.
- Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for alcoholic/ non-alcoholic liquors.
- Additional porter fees along with tips of guides and porters.
- Electronic gadgets like chargers, headphones.
- Individual costs like a hot shower, phone calls, laundry, souvenirs.
- Travel coverage and emergency evacuations.
- Tips for our staff’s drivers.
Kangmara Pass Trek JUMLA to lower DOLPO