Jaljala Hill Trekking
Jaljala Hill Trekking Overview
Situated in Rolpa district in mid-western part of Nepal, Jaljala trekking route offers some jaw dropping scenery of green lands, Rhododendron forest along with lots of beautiful birds and animals. The forest of Jaljala is a home to many animals like Leopards, musk deer wild boars, etc. Jaljala hill lies at the altitude of 3100m and is nicely protected by Dhorpatan hunting Reserve. This trekking area was opened in October 2009 and has to offer some awe-inspiring views of Mount sisne, Mount Dhaulagiri, Mount Annapurna and many other mountain peaks and cultures of Magar people staying there. People of Jaljala are very interesting and have so many reality stories to share as Rolpa district was main epicenter of Maoist revolution in Nepal. Trek to Jaljala can be really interesting and adventurous.
Highlights of Jaljala Hill Trekking
- Green forest, pasture lands, and rarely seen wildlife.
- Cultures of Kham Magars of this region.
- Stunning views of Mt.Dhaulagiri, Mt.Annapurna, Mt.Sisne, and many more.
- Informative stories of the Maoist revolution in Nepal.
- Day 1- arrival at Kathmandu
- Day 2- Kathmandu- Bhalubang (8 hours’ drive)
- Day 3-Bhalubang – Shulichaur (5 hours’ drive)
- Day 4- Shulichaur – Jelbang (8 hours walk)
- Day 5- Jelbang – Bagtare (5 hours walk)
- Day 6- Bagtare- Jaljala (5 hours walk)
- Day 7- Jaljala- Thabang (4 hours walk)
- Day 8- Thabang- Uwa (6-7 hours walk)
- Day 9- Uwa-Phuliban (3 hours walk)
- Day 10- Shulichaur- Bhalubang (5 hours’ drive)
- Day 11- Bhalubang- Kathmandu (8 hours’ drive)
Best season to visit
Like most of the part of Nepal the best season to visit Jaljala is spring (March May) and autumn (September-December). In these season the temperature Is very fair providing us some beautiful views of mountains with clear blue sky.
Clothing and equipment
Lightweight trekking boots beanies Pair of track shoes gloves
Down jackets buff
Woolen shirts and sweaters summer/winter hats Raincoats torchlights Trekking trousers camera Thermal tops/bottoms money/cash Trekking shorts charger/adapter Underwear power bank Cotton T-shirts trash bags and tissue paper Long sleeved T-shirts water bottles and purifier Sandals/slippers wash kit Thick/thin shocks safety kit Waterproof pants travel towel Waterproof jackets medicines Duffle Bag passports and photographs Sleeping bag hand sanitizer Daypack trekking pole
This trek can be quite challenging and very difficult to some people. You need to have very good muscle strength. This trek is all about walking for 6-7 hours per day which can be very hard. It is Important to stay hydrated and have nutritional food throughout the journey. If you experience any kind of difficulties in your health you need to talk to your friend or travel guide immediately.
Travel insurance – travel insurance is really very important part of trekking. You always need a travel insurance especially when you are traveling to this kind of risky, high places. If ever you need any medical emergencies your travel insurance will be bearing it for you. It is important to mention all the places and altitudes you will be reaching, to your insurance company so that you do not have any problem later.
Visa/ passport– it is mandatory for every foreigners to have visa and valid passport to enter Nepal. Only Indian citizen are not required to have visa for visiting Nepal. You can get your Nepalese visa at Tribhuwan International airport, Kathmandu.
Dates of Trip
Group Discount Prices
Frequently Asked Questions
Price W/O Addons: US$ 440 /pax
- A detailed certificate from Marvel Treks and Expedition (after accomplishment)
- Trendy Sunhat and t-shirt as souvenirs on behalf of Marvel Treks and Expedition.
- A complimentary raincoat to shed you during the rainy season.
- A Complimentary Duffel Bag throughout the trek from our company. (returnable)
- A warm complimentary Down Jacket during the entire trek on behalf of Marvel Treks. (returnable)
- A complimentary sleeping bag for your icy trek. (returnable)
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner throughout the trek.
- The essential climbing gears like mountain axe, trekking sticks etc, for your need throughout the trek. (returnable)
- Delightful complimentary Authentic Nepali cuisine as dinner to embark on your arrival and departure
- Critical complimentary First Aid Service (in times of need)
- An informative trekking map for you to cherish on behalf of our company
- All the crucial services about airport transfer to and from the hotel via a private tourist vehicle ($40)
- TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management Systems )($10)
- National park entry fees / ACAP permits / Conservation entry fees. ( $30)
- All essential local tax and Gov tax ($130 )
- All the required office service charges. ($200)
- Essential Medical supplies and first aid equipment will be provided.
- Miscellaneous ($30)
- Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for all the Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Extra nights in any city that’s not accommodated in the itinerary of Marvel Treks and Expedition.
- All the International flight checks and airfares.
- Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for alcoholic/ non-alcoholic liquors.
- Additional porter fees along with tips of guides and porters.
- Electronic gadgets like chargers, headphones.
- Individual costs like a hot shower, phone calls, laundry, souvenirs.
- Travel coverage and emergency evacuations.
- Tips for our staff’s drivers.
Jaljala Hill Trekking