Lower Dolpo circuit trek
Lower Dolpo circuit trek Overview
Lower Dolpo is situated in remote western region of Dolpo where you can see more Tibetan people than Nepalese. Lower Dolpo was officially opened to people in 1982. It lies at the altitude of 5200m. Lower Dolpo falls under Shey Phoksundo National park which makes trail to Lower Dolpo Circuit filled with rare animals like snow leopard, goral, Tahr, Himalayan black bear, rhesus monkey etc. along with many isolated villages of people who are very closely related to Tibetans and ancient Monasteries. This place is one of the few remaining place where pre Buddhist religion, Bon Po is practiced. Bon PO religion is quite similar to Buddhism, the only difference is this religion walk anti clockwise around stupas and shrines. Lower Dolpo Circuit trek is one of the most adventurous journey which takes us through bright Shey Phoksundo Lake, Panoramic Himalayan mountains, Thrilling Terrain, and hidden traditional villages.
Highlights of Lower Dolpo circuit trek
The Lower Dolpo Circuit Trek is a popular trek in the Dolpo region of Nepal that takes hikers on a loop through the remote and isolated region of Lower Dolpo. Here are some highlights of the Lower Dolpo Circuit Trek:
- Stunning mountain scenery: The trek offers breathtaking views of the Himalayas, including peaks such as Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, and Manaslu.
- Cultural experiences: The trek passes through several traditional Tibetan Buddhist villages, giving hikers the opportunity to learn about local culture and way of life.
- Unique flora and fauna: The Dolpo region is home to a wide variety of plants and animals, including rhododendron forests, bamboo groves, and many species of birds and mammals.
- Physical challenge: The Lower Dolpo Circuit Trek is a challenging trek, with several steep ascents and descents. It is suitable for fit and experienced hikers.
- Scenic views: The trek offers stunning views of the surrounding landscape, including snow-capped peaks, glaciers, lakes, and terraced fields.
- Relaxation and rejuvenation: The trek provides an opportunity to escape the hustle and bustle of daily life and connect with nature in a peaceful and serene setting.
- Unique experience: The Lower Dolpo Circuit Trek is a less crowded and less frequently visited trek compared to other popular treks in Nepal, making it a unique and off-the-beaten-path experience.
- Day 1- arrival at Kathmandu
- Day 2- Kathmandu- Nepalgunj
- Day 3-Nepalgunj- Jhupal (Dolpo)
- Day 4- Jhupal – Dunai
- Day 5- Dunai- Tarakot
- Day 6- Tarakot- Laini
- Day 7- Laini- Nawarpani
- Day 8- Nawarpani- Do tarap
- Day 9- Do- Tarap- Numa la Base camp
- Day 10- Numa La pass- Pelung Thang
- Day 11- Pelung Tang- Baga La pass-dajok Tang
- Day 12- Dajok Tang- Ringmo
- Day 13- Ringmo- Phoksundo Lake
- Day 14- Phoksundo - Shyanta
- Day 15- Shyanta- Jhupal
- Day 16- Jhupal- Nepalgunj Kathmandu
Best season to visit
Dolpo Region entirely lies in Rain shadow area which makes Monsoon season (June- September) best time to trek Dolpo. Its favorable temperature and especially a festival called Tiji is celebrated during this time which makes it more ideal season. Moreover, spring and autumn is also one of the best time to trek Dolpo. You can see clear atmosphere, blue sky during this time.
Clothing and equipment
|Woolen t shirts/shirts||Backpack|
|Fleece jacket||Passport size photographs|
|Down jacket||Permit and travel insurance|
|Raincoat||Suns cream and lip balm|
|Trekking trousers||Wash kit|
|Sleeping trousers||Safety kit|
|Hiking shorts||Power bank|
|Water proof pants||Summer/winter hat|
|Sleeping bag||Water bottles and water purifier|
|Hiking boots||Trekking poles|
|Gloves and beanies||Camera|
Dates of Trip
Group Discount Prices
Frequently Asked Questions
Price W/O Addons: US$ 450 per person
- A detailed certificate from Marvel Treks and Expedition (after accomplishment)
- A complimentary raincoat to shed you during the rainy season. (returnable)
- A Complimentary Duffel Bag throughout the trek from our company. (returnable)
- A warm complimentary Down Jacket during the entire trek on behalf of Marvel Treks. (returnable)
- A complimentary sleeping bag for your icy trek. (returnable)
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner throughout the trek.
- The essential climbing gear like mountain axe, trekking sticks, etc, for your need throughout the trek. (returnable)
- Delightful complimentary Authentic Nepali cuisine as dinner to embark on your arrival and departure
- Critical complimentary First Aid Service (in times of need)
- An informative trekking map for you to cherish on behalf of our company
- Trendy Sunhat and t-shirt as souvenirs on behalf of Marvel Treks and Expedition.
- All the crucial services about airport transfer to and from the hotel via a private tourist vehicle ($40)
- TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management Systems )($10)
- National park entry fees / ACAP permits / Conservation entry fees. ( $30)
- All essential local tax and, office service charges Gov tax ($100 )
- Lower Dolpo Special Permit ($20)
- 2 nights accommodation in a Kathmandu (Kathmandu hotel or similar) ($40)
- Miscellaneous ($20)
- Porter Guide ($600)
- Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for all the Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Extra nights in any city that’s not accommodated in the itinerary of Marvel Treks and Expedition.
- All the International flight checks and airfares.
- Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for alcoholic/ non-alcoholic liquors.
- Additional porter fees along with tips of guides and porters.
- Electronic gadgets like chargers, headphones.
- Individual costs like a hot shower, phone calls, laundry, souvenirs.
- Travel coverage and emergency evacuations.
- Tips for our staff’s drivers.
Lower Dolpo circuit trek