Island Peak Climbing – 18 Days
Island Peak Climbing – 18 Days Overview
Island Peak (6189 m), one of the famous peaks for the trekker which is also known as Imja Tse, is situated in the Khumbu region. The Island peak was named by Eric Shipton’s party in 1951. From Dingboche, the wonderful view of peaks seems like an island in a sea of Ice. This peak is an expansion of the brim coming down off the south and end in Lhotse detached by a small col. This peak became famous when the Swiss climbed for the first time in 1956 since then this peak has been popular among all the trekkers.
Adventurous and challenging features of this trek make trekkers more interesting and fascinating. Lukla is the main point as the trail starts and passes through many beautiful Sherpa village where we can experience the wonderful view of the spectacular mountain region. Experience of the many snows covered mountains like Nuptse (7879 m), Lhotse middle peak (8410 m) and Lhotse (8501 m) that makes semi-circle in the north while Makalu (8475 m) in the east and the Ama Dablam and Baruntse in the south.
One can feel that they are out of the world after experiencing the spectacular mountains region that has been surrounded in this area. Sagarmatha National park which has been enlisted UNESCO world heritage site is one of the major visiting sites for the trekkers. The varieties of the striking Himalayan wildlife such as mountains goats, Red panda, Musk Deer, Pheasant and Snow Leopard are found in the Sagarmatha National Park.
Similarly, greenery and dense forest with lightning and colorful rhododendron make the forest more attractive and scenic. The scenic natural beauties, varieties of exotic wildlife, scattered Buddhist monasteries, and Island peak climbing is one of the most astonishing climbing experience within the world.
- Day 01: Arrival in Tribhuvan International Airport Kathmandu
- Day 02: Kathmandu Cultural Tour & Permit Arrangement
- Day 03: Kathmandu to Lukla Flight (2804 meter) trek to Phakding (2610 meters) 3hrs
- Day 04: Phakding to Namche Bazar (3441 meters) 5.30 hrs
- Day 05: Rest day in Namche Bazzar for acclimatization
- Day 06: Namche Bazar to Tengboche Monastery 5hrs 3860m
- Day 07: Tengboche to Dingboche 5hrs 4350m
- Day 08: Rest day in Dingboche 4350m
- Day 09: Dingboche to Chhukung 4750m 4 hrs
- Day 10: Chhukung to Island Peak base camp 4hrs, 5240m
- Day 11: Rest and Acclimatization day
- Day 12: Summit to Island Peak (6187m) and returning to Chhukung (4750m)
- Day 13: Chhukung to Pangboche 3860m 6rs
- Day 14: Pangboche to Namche Bazzar 3441m 5hrs
- Day 15: Namche Bazar to Lukla 2804m, 7 hrs
- Day 16: Lukla to Kathmandu 45 minute flight
- Day 17: Rest day or shopping day in Kathmandu
- Day 18: Departure to Respective Destination
Dates of Trip
Group Discount Prices
Price W/O Addons: US$ /pax
Full Board Service Cost Include
- All transfer services arrival and departure to and from both International and Domestic Airport with other necessary vehicles services (by Toyota AC Vehicles) as per itinerary.
- Marvel treks and Expedition representative will assist while arriving and departing.
- 3-star hotels accommodations in Kathmandu on B/B basis.
- For Kathmandu sightseeing in Kathmandu you will be followed by Local English-speaking guide.
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu on the second day or second last day of the trip
- Experienced guides and porters and other Necessary staffs are include during the trekking and climbing.
- Climbing member and Staff Domestic Flight Tickets for the sector to all
- Expedition Royalty
- Nepalese Government Royalty
- Trekking Permit (National Park entry fee)
- Permit of Nepal Government to climb the mountain.
- One Trained, Government Licensed, Experienced, Climbing Guide (Sherpa) per client
- TIMS Permit
- Kitchenware, dining tents, guest tents, and toilet tent all trekking and camping equipment.
- Breakfasts, Lunch, and Dinners with tea or coffee are the meals for the day along with Hotel, Lodge, Guest Houses or tents for member’s and staffs available accommodation at during trek and climbing in twin sharing basis.
- For the group and staff the first Aid medical are available.
- Good food for high camp as per required.
- Rope both dynamic and fixed during the expedition period
- Free assistance for Cargo clearance
- Icefall charges and Gamow Bags
- Garbage deposit fees
- Tour Certificate
- Nepali typical dinner in Thamel house restaurant with Nepali culture dance
- Marvel treks Special Gifts (T-shirt/Tea etc.)
Island Peak Climbing – 18 Days