Everest Base Camp Trek with Kalapatthar
Everest Base Camp Trek with Kalapatthar Overview
Everest Base Camp Trek with Kalapathhar visit is a dream for every mountaineer. This adventurous tour takes you to the base camp of Mt. Everest and gives you a taste of real Nepal adventure.
Mount Everest is the tallest peak in the world and proudly stands at the height of 8848m in Sagarmatha Zone, Solukhumbu district, in between Nepal and Tibet. The base camp of Mount Everest itself is at the height of 5364m from sea level. What could ever be more adventurous than trekking through the trail of the tallest peak in the world? Sir Edmund Percival Hillary along with Sherpa mountaineer Tenzing Norgay, were the first person to reach the summit of Mount Everest on July 20, 1919. Since then climbing Mount Everest, if not, camping on the base of Mount Everest has been people’s favorite. The main highlight of this trek is not only Mt Everest but also the Sagarmatha National Park which has protected our pride for centuries.
Scenic Moment during Everest base camp trek with Kalapatthar
Sagarmatha National Park covers a surface area of 124,400 hectares. The park is home to hundreds of flora and fauna including Himalayan Tahr, musk deer, red panda, wild boar, juniper, fir, Rhododendrons, etc. The Everest base camp trek with Kalapatthar passes through several landscapes, glaciers, rivers, waterfalls, and stunning views of mountains. Tibetan people and lifestyle highly influence theis area. We also get to experience the Tibetan lifestyle and culture in this trek.
Besides Tibetan, the area has highest population of Sherpa and Tamang people. Apart from being beautiful and mesmerizing, Mount Everest or the base camp holds some deep risks and challenges. It is situated at a very high altitude which makes people suffer from mountain sickness. Those who are new to trekking and don’t have excellent fitness have more risk of getting sick. It is better to have some experience and great physical and mental fitness for this trek.
Highlights of Everest Base Camp Trek with Kalapatthar
- Explore the beautiful Khumbu valley
- Experience the hospitality of Sherpa people
- Diverse flora and fauna of Sagarmatha National Park
- Camp at the base of the world’s highest mountain peak
- Day 1- Kathmandu-Lukla-Phakding (35 minutes flight, 4 hours walk)
- Day 2- Phakding-Namche Bazar (5-6 hours walk)
- Day 3- Namche Bazar-Debouche, (5-6 hours walk)
- Day 4- Debouche-Dingboche,(5-6 hours walk)
- Day 5- Dingboche-Dughla, (3-4 hours walk)
- Day 6- Dughla-Lobuche,(3-4 hours walk)
- Day 7- Lobuche-Gorakshep-EBC,back to Gorakshep, (8-9 hours walk)
- Day 8- Gorakshep-Kalapatthar- Periche (7-8 hours walk)
- Day 9- Pheriche-Namche bazar (6-7 hours walk)
- Day 10- Namche Bazar-Lukla,(6-7 hours walk)
- Day 11- Lukla-Kathmandu,(35 minutes flight)
Safety and difficulties of EBC
Everest Base camp trek can be quite challenging and difficult. This is a moderately difficult trek. However, the level of difficulty entirely depends on your physical and mental fitness. But you can build your muscle strength, make your body flexible by practicing some light exercise, running, and jogging. The trek to Everest base camp via Kalapatthar is all about walking 5-6 hours per day for at least 15 days. This solo reason is enough to make this trek challenging. The trails are rugged, steep, may be snowy in off-seasons. The maximum height in this trek is the base camp of 5364m with other high passes on the way. There is a high risk of mountain sickness. The primary cause of altitude sickness is a decrease in the amount of oxygen in the atmosphere. It’s important to carry handheld oximetry. Oxygen saturation below 75% may be a risk.
Symptoms of Mountain sickness
- Loss of appetite
- Shortness of breath
- Fast heartbeats
*Preventing mountain sickness
- Walk slow
- Stay hydrated
- Have nutritional food
- Have enough rest
- Avoid smoking and alcohol
*Medicines for mountain sickness
- Ibuprofen, paracetamol (for headache)
- Promethazine (for nausea)
Trekking Equipment List
|Woolen t shirts/shirts/thick sweaters.||Backpack/Duffle bag|
|Jackets (Fiber or down)||Passport size photographs|
|Raincoat||Permit and travel insurance|
|Pair of sandals||Suns cream and lip balm|
|Trekking trousers||Wash kit|
|Sleeping trousers||First aid kit|
|Hiking shorts||Power bank|
|Water proof pants||Summer/winter hat|
|Sleeping bag/Sleeping bag liner||Water bottles and water purifier|
|Hiking boots||Trekking poles|
|Gloves and beanies||Camera|
|Snow glasses and sunglasses||trekking map|
|Neck gaiter||Water purification|
|Sun hat/woolen hat||Water bottles|
Travel insurance: Trekking to high altitudes can always be risky. Travel Insurance is something you might want to do before trekking anywhere. Sometimes in emergency cases, people need to be evacuated through a helicopter and get medical service. So, in such cases, your travel insurance will be bearing the cost for you. Seeing all these benefits,
the government of Nepal has made travel insurance mandatory thing before trekking. However, it is very important to mention the heights and all the places you will be reaching during your trek. Your insurance entirely depends on the details you have provided earlier. Travel insurance costs you around 150$ which is good for 1 month.
Visas/passports: if you are not a Nepalese or Indian citizen, then a visa and a passport are mandatory. You can get your Nepalese Visa at Tribhuvan airport in Kathmandu. The passport must hold a visa of a minimum of 6 months.
Payment and Cancellation
Policy regarding Payment and Cancellation Payment:
1) To confirm a reservation, a deposit equal to 30% of the total price is required.
2) If the payment is made online, the remaining balance is due 10 days before the Tour, Trekking, Peak Climbing, or Expedition begins. If the payment is made in cash, it can be made after arrival. 3) If the booking is made within 30 days of the expedition beginning, full payment must be made at the time of booking.
1)A full refund of the deposit will be given if a Tour, Trek, Peak Climbing, or Expedition is canceled more than 60 days before the start date.
2)The deposit will not be refunded if a Tour, Trek, Peak Climbing, or Expedition is canceled within 30 days of its start date.
3)A tour, trek, peak climbing, or expedition will not be refunded if it is canceled prior to or on the start date.
4)All participants should strongly consider purchasing travel insurance to cover any unforeseen cancellations or other occurrences.
Note: We reserve the right to modify or cancel any trek in the event of a natural disaster, political unrest, or any other unforeseen circumstances beyond our control. In such cases, a full refund or an alternative option will be provided.
Dates of Trip
Group Discount Prices
Frequently Asked Questions
Price W/O Addons: US$ 1220 per person
- A detailed certificate from Marvel Treks and Expedition (after accomplishment)
- Trendy Sunhat and t-shirt as souvenirs on behalf of Marvel Treks and Expedition.
- A complimentary raincoat to shed you during the rainy season.
- A Complimentary Duffel Bag throughout the trek from our company. (returnable)
- A warm complimentary Down Jacket during the entire trek on behalf of Marvel Treks. (returnable)
- A complimentary sleeping bag for your icy trek. (returnable)
- The essential climbing gears like mountain axe, trekking sticks etc, for your need throughout the trek. (returnable)
- Delightful complimentary Authentic Nepali cuisine as dinner to embark on your arrival and departure
- Critical complimentary First Aid Service (in times of need)
- An informative trekking map for you to cherish on behalf of our company
- All the crucial services about airport transfer to and from the hotel via a private tourist vehicle ($40)
- TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management Systems )($10)
- National park entry fees / ACAP permits / Conservation entry fees. ( $30)
- All essential local tax and Gov tax ($130 )
- All the required office service charges. ($200)
- Miscellaneous ($10)
- Porter Guide ($350)
- Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for all the Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Extra nights in any city that’s not accommodated in the itinerary of Marvel Treks and Expedition.
- All the International flight checks and airfares.
- Marvel Treks and Expedition won’t be responsible for alcoholic/ non-alcoholic liquors.
- Additional porter fees along with tips of guides and porters.
- Electronic gadgets like chargers, headphones.
- Individual costs like a hot shower, phone calls, laundry, souvenirs.
- Travel coverage and emergency evacuations.
- Tips for our staff’s drivers.
Everest Base Camp Trek with Kalapatthar